Strange Freezing problem in windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
I m using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit with all updates upto yesterday

my problem is from last 3 to 4 days a new problem has emerged.After using the PC for say 4 to 5 hours ,the pc would freeze .PC frezzing is normal as you all know ,what what makes it very odd is that this thing happened with me for first time since i have installed the OS which is about 8 months back

normally if windows 7 freezzes for any reason it automatically comes back in a few seconds to few minutes ,however this time whwn it freezed ,it actually frezzed

i mean to say here was no activity sign of hard disk ( the red led atopped blinking ) ,Mouse got freezed ,Keyboard showed no response,when i presses CTRL + ALT + DEL ,NOTHING HAPPENED!!!!!!!! .Okay frustated ,i pressed power key (i have set it to shut down pc if pressed) NOTHING HAPPENED !!!!. Bull **** ,i pressed reset key .It reseted

Or if i press say off switch of UPS ,it got switched off .

If i restart the PC ,then message will come that "computer did not shutdown properly blah blah blah....... if this was because of any power faliure blah blah blah ....... ,needlesly i pressed "start PC normally"

No such type of message was like that a recent hard or soft change had caused pc to malfunction

Alo one day i was listening to songs in WMP,and this thing happened and then strange sounf began to come form speaker like baaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ,ie like say magnetic tape has got stuck somewhere .

Though i would like to add that one day when this happened ,i was using utorrent .However even after freezing ,the modem was showing activity (I use it in ppoeee mode ,the INET led was blinking along with WAN ) .So i can't comment how is t posiible when everything was freezzed .Net was working

i am using Norton 360 v4.0 Trial as security suite

I m afraid of repeated hard shutdown as i have heard this causes damage to internal circuitry due to sudden surge of electricity .Due to a small software problem ( i m hoping it is that only ) ,i m gonna lose my whole hardware. Please help !!!!!!!!!1111

Kalyan

Journeyman
I am using Windows 7 x64 too nearly 7-8 months back. I didnt experience the same freezing effect as yours. but mine is different. It happens only when I use Internet Explorer -LOL- I know IE is crap but I sometimes need it. When I open IE (32 bit) for 10-15 seconds, everything on the screen freezes. i.e., the taskbar, windows everything. though my keyboard works and mouse works. they just execute in the background but nothing shows up. when I press ctrl-alt-del, and choose logoff, I see that what ever I did in frustration, reflects quickly as if some lock is released. and then the pc logs off. If I have to use IE, I cannot use it for more than 10-15 seconds. and also, in IE 64 bit version it takes a little bit long to freeze but the sad thing is Flash doesnt work in IE 64 bit. I use opera for internet. but I need IE for my programming. Can anyone help out on this?

@ayushman9 hope I am not hijacking your thread.. I didnt mean to. I just thought you also had the same problem as mine when I saw the title.

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
I am using Windows 7 x64 too nearly 7-8 months back. I didnt experience the same freezing effect as yours. but mine is different. It happens only when I use Internet Explorer -LOL- I know IE is crap but I sometimes need it. When I open IE (32 bit) for 10-15 seconds, everything on the screen freezes. i.e., the taskbar, windows everything. though my keyboard works and mouse works. they just execute in the background but nothing shows up. when I press ctrl-alt-del, and choose logoff, I see that what ever I did in frustration, reflects quickly as if some lock is released. and then the pc logs off. If I have to use IE, I cannot use it for more than 10-15 seconds. and also, in IE 64 bit version it takes a little bit long to freeze but the sad thing is Flash doesnt work in IE 64 bit. I use opera for internet. but I need IE for my programming. Can anyone help out on this?

@ayushman9 hope I am not hijacking your thread.. I didnt mean to. I just thought you also had the same problem as mine when I saw the title.

no problem buddy it happens with everybody ,hope your problem get solved ,then the thread may have fulfilled it's purpose

anyways some updates about my problem

whwn i was playing assaisn creed 2 ,the same problem happened ( that same barrrrrrr sound came from speaker for 5 to6 seconds) ,however ,instead of pc freezing ,the game crashed ( which is also the first time ) ,and my pc was saved that session

i uninstalled norton 360 and installed avg free and comodo ,gosh the problem increased 3 times fast ,now it is occuring at every half hour of pc boot

so i made up my mind ,and restored the pc (using a saved image of hard disk) to about 1 week back .The problem is not occuring now (and norton 360 is back ) ,but i m afraid if reoccurance will happen again

harihacker

Broken In
Am using Win 7 32 Bit..... I had the exact same issue some time back... The culprit is ur HDD.... It may be slowly dying.... If u r having Seagate HDD, then download Seagate tools from their site, write a bootable disk and run 3 suggested tests to check status of ur HDD.... Hopefully this will solve ur issue....

I had to get my HDD replaced.....

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
Am using Win 7 32 Bit..... I had the exact same issue some time back... The culprit is ur HDD.... It may be slowly dying.... If u r having Seagate HDD, then download Seagate tools from their site, write a bootable disk and run 3 suggested tests to check status of ur HDD.... Hopefully this will solve ur issue....

I had to get my HDD replaced.....

now that's a lead i was waitin for

how do i make the tools ,i mean i know how to make a bootable disk ,but does the process of integrating the hard drive testing tools require some manual operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom