strange files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
hi guyz. i have win xp with sp2 installed on my 160 gb segate sata hdd with 4 ntfs partitions. but on each partitionh,there are some strange files as shown in the picture.
*img57.imageshack.us/img57/9471/weirdfiles2vt.jpg]
what are these?are they created by vius/spyware?how can i delete or hide them?

ashfame

Padawan
They are system files, i think of system restore.
U can hide them my going to folder options>view> and make sure hide system protected files is checked.
That should solve ur prob.

anandk

Distinguished Member
download and use 'ccleaner'. if it is junk, it will be removed.
also scan ur pc with adaware plus ewido, in safe mode. if its malware, it will be detected.
if u still feel worried, post ur hijackthis logfile here or at www.hijackthis.de for analysis.

sakumar79

Technomancer
I think they might have been created by System Mechanic... Did you install that software? If you no longer have it, you can delete it I think...(But perhaps you may want to create a System Restore Point before trying this)...

System Restore files are not stored in the root directory AFAIK, there is a hidden folder called SystemRestore or something like that...

Arun

ashfame

Padawan
sakumar79 said:
I think they might have been created by System Mechanic... Did you install that software? If you no longer have it, you can delete it I think...(But perhaps you may want to create a System Restore Point before trying this)...

System Restore files are not stored in the root directory AFAIK, there is a hidden folder called SystemRestore or something like that...

Arun

They are the files of system restore.
Anyone can help explaining the working of system restore??

Ishan

In the zone
My PC too contain the same type of files, n i am quite sure yhey are of restore files created by system

Ishan

In the zone
it can be done in photoshop easily, but if any other program for taking snapshots of the screen then, tell us.

ashfame

Padawan
If ya remove them your system will not be restore completely if u choose to restore it.
Ignore them, its good for u & ur system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom