Strange Disk Checking Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debu_013

Freshly Churned Chutny :)
For the past few days my computer is prompting to check one of my partitions each time the computer is switched on or restarted.

Even after running Disk Check in Through mode no problems were found but still every time I switch on the computer I am prompted to scan the same disk drive.

Please HELP!!!!
Suggest ways to remove the message, as its getting irritating.

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Go to Start>Run>Type cmd and press enter.

run the command below

chkdsk <volumename> /F

Eg. chkdsk C: /F

Ths'll fix ny errors in tat partition. Hope ths'll solve ur prblm.

paroh

Padawan
First do what krishnandu.sarkar and pimpom tell u.
And
If ur drive is ok. U can disable the chkdsk just download the disablecheckdisk.reg file and double click on it and merge it into the registry(FOR WINDOWS XP)

Code:
*www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/disablecheckdisk.reg

OP
Debu_013

Debu_013

Yes, "pr.itdude"

I do use Kaspersky Internet Sercurity 2007. Have been using it for the past 1.5 years.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
ok, then the catch here it is, u may b using *pirated* version of KIS........so wats goin now, as i feel is that instead of blocking the key (pirated as got on net), they r blocking the services provided in the suit. Check if the File & memory protection is by default ON when u start the system. If not, then this is the fault -- either change ur key or uninstall the KIS and then reboot twice, and go for complete disk check once again. Its better to complete scan the system, and carefully delete a infected file.

This may be wrong, but try installing some other antivirus or IS suite.

OP
Debu_013

Debu_013

KIS never showed this type of error before. I think it all started when i used System Recovery to recover to a previous state. Because of a spyware infection which caused the program folders in the start menu to be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom