strange cd writing problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
well guys i had a blank moserbayer cd of 700mb kept unused for 6-8 months.its condition was also very good.now when i copied some files of size 15mb on it by using nero start smart.the files got burned properly.
and after that when i put the disc again(as it is of 700mb so i thought 685 mb free space still is there)for burning some more files on it.it shows disc size 15mb free space:0 mb.on the left side of cd details window.
and also nero refuses to burn it it says the disc is not blank.insert a blank disc.

then what happened to those 685 mbs.

well this kind of problem happened with me previously also but with cheaper cds.but this time with moser bayer cd.:(

please post your suggestions.

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
I think during burning you have done some mistake. While you burning files
there is a "allow files to be added latter (multisession burning)" option is available.You should select this option for multisession burning. I think u have not selected this option. Hence the disk is full with 15 mb.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
The same thing happens with me. Whenever I copy a new file to a multisession cd earlier containing files, the empty space on cd reduces drastically.

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
I think u dont check the " multisession" which makes ur cd to burn multiple times...
but multisession works for data files not with vedio files

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Yes if u burn audio/video and disc copy then multisession will not work.
One if u burn Mp3 file as data file then it will work.

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
its at bottom , just below from where u select the writing speed
now dont ask where u get the writing speed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom