Strange auto disconnect problem in windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
i m using windows 7 64 bit & BSNL dataone 500 plan

about 1 week ago ,there was some construction going on to widen the roads and as expected BSNL connection got haywire because of the side effects .Any way the problem got solved about 4 days back and net is back online

However a new problem has emerged . I always download and use utorrent after 2:00 am . At 2:00 pm i log on ,start utorrent , schedule some download,do some browsing and go to sleep at say 3:15 to 3:30 am . Up to this point every thing goes right

when i wake up at 5:00 and go to the PC , the dsl and other light of modem will be on ( i m using bridging mode ) ,however the activity LED will be static signifying that no activity is taking place ,however the icon at the bottom right corner of desktop will be showing that dataone is connected ,but utorrent will not be doing any activity with the arrow sign showing red . Similarly if at that stage i will access any website ,it will not connect . No wonder the download manager like orbit also shows error with half or incomplete download .

Strange , because the icon at bottom is still showing that dataone (Internet access ) is connected and internet is being accessed

when i disconnect (using soft approach) by pressing the bottom right icon,selecting disconnect and then try to reconnect it will not connect saying "error xxx the modem or other connecting device has reported error " or something like that .

Then i have to manually switch the modem off and then on ,and then after dsl comes , reconnect and voila! everything starts working fine . I just don't know what happens in that 2 hours that i went to sleep ,even if by some means it got disconnected ,it will certainly reconnect and u torrent should again star downloading but any kind of download/upload has simply stopped . The logs says that the download continued for another 45 minutes after i left the PC

Please help ,i m losing precious bandwidth because of this ,also it is not possible for me to wake up every day so early .I tried by restricting power saving mode of PC to high performance mode so that PC does not go to sleep or any hindrance occur however the problem persists .Please comment

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
got another lead ,same problem is happening with my friend who lives about 20 km away from my home ,he has same plan ,and guess what road widening is going in his area also . However he has an additional problem that his phone is also not working ie no dial tone.

he is saying that he saw that to repair the damage due to road widening ,bsnl is bypassing the dsl through normal phone lines (instead of optical fibers ) .Can this be causing this problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom