Steam

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know what you are saying. As I said- steam regional pricing gives you cheap games and an extra lock. 2x the price gives you ownership of the game, not its license.

Choose what suits you :)

Obviously none of this should happen for people who pay for games. But well that is the world for you.

Wrongdoers always enjoy while those who follow rules get clobbered.

INR at GOG, best of both worlds. :p

masterkd

Padawan
I am yet to see any game that mentions India region lock in store page. Could you guys please share me a link?

- - - Updated - - -

Mukher kotha foluk! Hope what you say becomes real.

I already raised a ticket with them about this. Their reply was that it is in talks within the company.

Let's hope.

Mukher kotha ki folbe?
I thought GOG have universal pricing. As $1 is not equal to €1. Did I miss something?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
I am yet to see any game that mentions India region lock in store page. Could you guys please share me a link?

- - - Updated - - -

Mukher kotha ki folbe?
I thought GOG have universal pricing. As $1 is not equal to €1. Did I miss something?
Yeah they do follow that you know. Just not for India yet since pricing is in USD.

And playlocked example:
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition on Steam

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

You missed a huge controversy, probably the biggest in GOG's history. They have tried to maintain a universal pricing by offering store credit to higher priced region (mostly Euro zone), but regional pricing has been introduced. Have lost wind of what's the present situation.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
You missed a huge controversy, probably the biggest in GOG's history. They have tried to maintain a universal pricing by offering store credit to higher priced region (mostly Euro zone), but regional pricing has been introduced. Have lost wind of what's the present situation.
Yeah there is regional pricing in most EU countries.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
One tip when purchasing from steam now guys. To make sure the version of the game has restrictions or not:

Open the steam store in your browser when you are buying, go to the game store page you wish to buy,

r-click->add to cart button->Inspect Element in the context menu

(Or ctrl+shift+I)

Note number:
javaScript:addToCart(number)

Next, open *steamdb.info,

go to packages->search

and paste this number.

Should give you details of the key version you will get, I.e row or play locked or region locked or trade locked etc.

Cheers.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
One tip when purchasing from steam now guys. To make sure the version of the game has restrictions or not:

Open the steam store in your browser when you are buying, go to the game store page you wish to buy,

r-click->add to cart button->Inspect Element in the context menu

(Or ctrl+shift+I)

Note number:
javaScript:addToCart(number)

Next, open *steamdb.info,

go to packages->search

and paste this number.

Should give you details of the key version you will get, I.e row or play locked or region locked or trade locked etc.

Cheers.

Or just install Enhanced Steam or SteamDB extension. :p

//FOR ALL//

Kindly restrict the usage of local languages, stick to English.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
is there a way to know ,restrictions of already purchased game? for example i got the csgo recently on the amazon sale
Yeah I feel you man, am still looking for a way myself :)

Wanna check my entire library.

Some keys do mention IN in them though if you see under licenses and subscriptions. Those that don't have are prolly ROW or US versions.

But you need not worry, all versions of cs-go only have cross region trading and gifting restrictions. No play blocks that I know of.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah I feel you man, am still looking for a way myself :)

Wanna check my entire library.

Some keys do mention IN in them though if you see under licenses and subscriptions. Those that don't have are prolly ROW or US versions.

But you need not worry, all versions of cs-go only have cross region trading and gifting restrictions. No play blocks that I know of.

hmm
well i think if its play restricted , then steam will definitely specify and it will show up in steam db, i was looking through packages of csgo and found one, which specifically says it can purchased and played only in certain countries
this
*steamdb.info/sub/62688/

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
hmm
well i think if its play restricted , then steam will definitely specify and it will show up in steam db, i was looking through packages of csgo and found one, which specifically says it can purchased and played only in certain countries
this
Don't mistake purchase restriction for play restriction. And yes you are right, steam will show it in the store page in a NOTE box.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Damn man.. this thread is highly active right now. Someone collate the all the new info (and verified) at one place, so that I can update the first post!

Pasapa

Live to die another day
I can confirm that steam wallet cards that are in US dollars will work. ( I suffered a 20rs loss though)

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Okay, steamdb extension will help you check what version of keys you already have.

So far in my library of 220, I found deus ex collection and sleeping dogs with play locks :/

Rest seem to be good.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay, steamdb extension will help you check what version of keys you already have.

So far in my library of 220, I found deus ex collection and sleeping dogs with play locks :/

Rest seem to be good.

What's your sub id for Sleeping Dogs? Mine is 15612. I recall it used to be marked as EU, now it says WW(-DE,JP). It's a retail disc btw.

Is there any way to automate the process of checking play lock? Checking each game individually is cumbersome.

Top Bottom