Steam

Morpheus

Broken In
Re: Steam related discussions

i just bought ut2004 i have dvd of the game can i use the data of cd and use it in steam

Yes, you can. First install it from your dvd, then copy the program directory to /steam/steamapps/common directory. Then uninstall it from your system. Now start installation in Steam and it will detect the existing the files. It will just download the missing files and you'll be good to go.

Note: If steam starts to download the entire game, it means that you need to rename your folder name in which your game files are present according to steam. Just look the folder name steam used for the game, then cancel the installation in Steam, rename the folder you copied and start installation again.

This might get a bit confusing but is well worth the little trouble rather than downloading the entire game.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

I've seen this on r/gaming and I'm not sure if gabe personally sent him the invite or he got it in one of the invite waves, because he said he opened steam after 2 months.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Pre-purchase Prototype 2 on Steam

Pre-purchase Prototype 2 and get Radnet DLC bundle and the original Prototype game for free. Game will unlock on 24 July.

masterkd

Padawan

IMO last year's summer sale was better and more interesting..I guess steam have lost their creative employees!!

Raptor1989

Broken In

Does anyone knows how to use Steam through a proxy? I have to use a proxy here as that is the only way to login into the internet of my institute. Everything runs fine, except Steam and other applications which use internet connection like iTunes. On the contrary, Skype and GTalk works fine. Help please.

ranjitsd

Journeyman

Yes, you can. First install it from your dvd, then copy the program directory to /steam/steamapps/common directory. Then uninstall it from your system. Now start installation in Steam and it will detect the existing the files. It will just download the missing files and you'll be good to go.

Note: If steam starts to download the entire game, it means that you need to rename your folder name in which your game files are present according to steam. Just look the folder name steam used for the game, then cancel the installation in Steam, rename the folder you copied and start installation again.

This might get a bit confusing but is well worth the little trouble rather than downloading the entire game.
thanks it worked only downloaded 308 mb

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

I have a 75% discount coupon for Portal 2, valid till 30th Aug. Looking to trade for another game.

Top Bottom