Steam

bippukt

In the zone
Re: Steam related discussions

^ I hear virtual debit cards of ICICI bank work. :confused:

Unless it has changed very recently, ICICI Bank only allows you to make virtual credit cards if you already have a credit card registered to that Customer ID. I am quite sure that all virtual credit cards will go through most merchants. I once provided my name as Salman Khan when using a virtual card and it went through without any problem :D

BTW, that is not recommended because you may have problems getting a refund, if required. Also, if you are legally obliged to provide the correct name/address, then it is a bad idea.

If someone has no access to credit card, then they can use Entropay. It is quite reliable, but charges a 5%. So if you put $20 on the virtual card, then you have to pay $21 + foreign currency conversion charges, if any.

Raptor1989

Broken In

I'm confused. I want to buy a game. I have the option between buying it directly from Steam and buying it from Flipkart. The game is much cheaper on Flipkart compared to Steam. Also, it's an online multiplayer game. There is a note on Flipkart saying "This game is not playable through Steam outside India". What should I do? If I buy from Steam, it'll cost more and take much longer to download and install. Whereas if I buy from Flipkart, I get it at a lower price and I can install from disc. But there's that annoying note on Flipkart. What should I do? HELP!!!

Raptor1989

Broken In

CS 1.6, CS Zero, CS Source, Portal 1 and 2, and a few others... My Steam a/c got hacked... Lost quite a few games... Steam sales are rare though I got CS 1.6 for Rs. 125 :p

doomgiver

Warframe

all those games can be gotten MUCH cheaper via buying from other people.
in fact, i can get you those games at a fraction of their price.

do you want any other games? check out my steam backpack.

Raptor1989

Broken In

I tried getting my account back by a lot of ways. Even got into an international call with a guy explaining my situation. But that hacker got my account while I was away for a few months and got my account banned. Hence, nothing can be done. Gave CD-Key proof and everything.

Nobody has yet answered my real question. Steam store or Flipkart? Which one?

I'm confused. I want to buy a game. I have the option between buying it directly from Steam and buying it from Flipkart. The game is much cheaper on Flipkart compared to Steam. Also, it's an online multiplayer game. There is a note on Flipkart saying "This game is not playable through Steam outside India". What should I do? If I buy from Steam, it'll cost more and take much longer to download and install. Whereas if I buy from Flipkart, I get it at a lower price and I can install from disc. But there's that annoying note on Flipkart. What should I do? HELP!!!

I would suggest waiting a few days for the Autumn steam sales. You'll get all of those game at a much cheaper price. If you can't wait then go with flipkart.

Tachyon1986

In the zone

Let me explain that note for you. What it means is that if you ever move out of India - lets say you move to France , and if you launch Steam from there, the game won't work if it was a retail copy purchased in India. However, games bought directly on Steam are region-free and can be played regardless of which country you're currently in.

Steam automatically detects your region from the IP address , so maybe you can spoof it. I bought L4D2 from a retailer in India , and I noticed the same warning too. The game will work fine as long as you're physically in India (or at least make steam believe you're in India with IP spoofing).

Unless you plan to move out of India in the near future , go ahead and buy directly from Flipkart.

Of course, as JojoTheDragon suggested , you could wait for some sale on Steam. I got Deus Ex : Human Revolution dirt cheap (Rs.500/- compared to Rs.836/- on Flipkart).

Last edited:

Raptor1989

Broken In

Thanks Tachyon1986. That explains it. I'll wait for autumn sale. Till then, I'll play Dota 2. Anyone got CS:GO Beta Key?

Tachyon1986

In the zone

Steam was down for quite some time yesterday. Universal blackout , my friend in USA couldn't log in either. Services were later restored between 9-10 PM IST

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Steam was down for quite some time yesterday. Universal blackout , my friend in USA couldn't log in either. Services were later restored between 9-10 PM IST

Yep. They are down quite regularly. Mostly the Steam community and some features are affected.
See this thread on their forums-
Steam Downtime Discussion Thread - Steam Users' Forums

Confused_user

Journeyman

Another query... Say I get a great deal on steam. But the download size is huge and will take me days. But, at the same time, one of my friends have a pirated version of the same game. Can I use his files to install it? If I can, can anyone tell me how to?

Top Bottom