Steam

doomgiver

Warframe
Re: Steam related discussions

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/tutorials/152955-tutorial-moving-steam-games-between-computers.html

read this guys.

get tf2 backup from a pal who plays it.
then restore the game, voila!!!
it works.
tried and tested by me.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Attention guys!

I have Axis Bank VISA Debit Card and it worked on Steam.

"Axis Bank Prime" is what it is written on the debit card.

Answering this very old question asked to soumo27 :p
I clearly told u the funda on steam & you still keep on asking this. You have an Axis bank account & ur debit card card worked doesn't means others wont face any issues with their debit cards. The least you can do is tell everyone here what Axis debit card you used - gold, classic, etc

It worked on Android Market / Google Wallet Checkout as well. :hyper:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Some sale going on here:-

Games in iceberg-interactive-sale category from Get Games

Killing Floor $7
Nuclear Dawn $7
Oil Rush $10
Wings of Prey $7.5

Also, they have a dedicated page for Steam games, keep looking, might get something cheaper than Steam:-

Games in steam-games category from Get Games

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|

Attention guys!

Yea it works everywhere :D Even in those Indie Bundles etc, which asks to use only Credit Cards :p

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Guys, If you are a member of Steam Gifts here is a great chance to win :D

25000 copies of a game being given away by a Dev!

if you are not, you might want to sign up :wink:
Faerie Solitaire Giveaway - Created by Pkeod

icebags

Technomancer

Attention guys!

you can use any international mastercard / visa debit card (axis / hdfc / whatever ) to purchase from steam or other international sites, but its not actually suggest-able. may be when you tried with your debit card in steam, you noticed it did not ask for your debitcard securecode. i am not exactly sure how it works, but this leads to my debit card information in unknown hands.

last time when i purchased from steam with my axisbank debit card, it immediately debited the price of purchase from my account. but, after a few days i again noticed few paise was debited from my account by steam without my authorization. may be it was due to currency adjustment, but actually means card going out of control.

its better to use credit cards or one time useable virtual cards (some bank offers this to customers registered with internet banking).
:|

Tachyon1986

In the zone

75% off Deus Ex : Human Revolution . It's just 10 USD (around Rs 500/-) , that's a very good deal and I'm getting it now.

Flipkart sells it for around 850 Rs

axes2t2

I am a cat

you can use any international mastercard / visa debit card (axis / hdfc / whatever ) to purchase from steam or other international sites, but its not actually suggest-able. may be when you tried with your debit card in steam, you noticed it did not ask for your debitcard securecode. i am not exactly sure how it works, but this leads to my debit card information in unknown hands.

last time when i purchased from steam with my axisbank debit card, it immediately debited the price of purchase from my account. but, after a few days i again noticed few paise was debited from my account by steam without my authorization. may be it was due to currency adjustment, but actually means card going out of control.

its better to use credit cards or one time useable virtual cards (some bank offers this to customers registered with internet banking).

Nice info.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

@ganesh If the games have a steam keycode then you can. Else nope.

The list of the games that can be-
*support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

The bold part is not true. Many people have tried using different Desi "International" Debit Cards on Steam, Android Market and the likes. Most have failed.

Desi Mastercard/Maestro Debit Cards never work on international online merchants. Visa Debit Card from some banks works. Then you have ICICI's Visa Debit Card - which is working on Steam but fails on Android Market.

You can't generalise here - "they work. you can use any <........>"

icebags

Technomancer

The bold part is not true. Many people have tried using different Desi "International" Debit Cards on Steam, Android Market and the likes. Most have failed.

Desi Mastercard/Maestro Debit Cards never work on international online merchants. Visa Debit Card from some banks works. Then you have ICICI's Visa Debit Card - which is working on Steam but fails on Android Market.

You can't generalise here - "they work. you can use any <........>"

hey, maestro has limited access, but if a mastercard/visa debit card has written "international" on it and doesn't work in international sites then it's weird. :lol:

then it's like - "if they work , you can use them"

bippukt

In the zone

Any international Debit Card should work in an online shop. The catch here is the 3DSecure code. Online Debit card transactions, in almost all cases, will fail if you are not asked to provide the code. If it has succeeded on a particular merchant/payment method, then it is an exception rather than the norm. As inconvenient as it can be sometimes, I really do not want my debit card transactions to go through without me providing the code. It is the final security barrier and I want that for cash in my bank account.

I once spent nearly half an hour trying to find out why my ICICI bank debit card wasn't working on Steam, and ultimately this was the reason. Even for Credit Cards there are similar guidelines but I guess they are more relaxed than in the case of Debit Cards.

Reactions: ico
OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

hey, maestro has limited access, but if a mastercard/visa debit card has written "international" on it and doesn't work in international sites then it's weird. :lol:

then it's like - "if they work , you can use them"
yup, it's exactly like "if they work, you can use them."

Bippukt has given the reason.

It is because RBI enforced a second verification mechanism for Desi Debit cards. For Visa, it is Verified By Visa and Mastercard/Maestro, it is 3D Securecode. This is not something international merchants adhere to.

Now what n00b banks do is, they keep on requesting VbV and Securecode even from international merchants. Reason = failed transaction.

Axis Bank does this - If Desi merchant, ask for VbV. If International merchant, don't ask for VbV and it works fine.

Punjab National Bank has it messed up. Same for ICICI, I guess. Not every bank has got its implementation right.

Top Bottom