Dawn of War II: Retribution Complete DLC
Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC
Homefront: Multiplayer Exclusive Shotgun and The Rock Map Pack DLCs
Trine 2 Standard Edition Pre-purchase

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Steam related discussions

Serious Sam HD Double pack @ $2.99. Worth it? I remember reviews were not so good.

bippukt

In the zone

There is another pack on sale for $3.99. I think it also includes the two older versions of the game. No idea how good or bad the games themselves are.

From personal experience going back 3 years - only buy stuff that you are quite sure you will play. I have at least 10 games sitting on my list that have not been played for even 30mins. Some haven't even been downloaded once! And they are good games - I just bought too many and don't have enough time lol

PS: 22GB NTW downloaded, ETW 7GB done, 8 GB more to go. Airtel is going to kill me!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Someone asked for deals at Origin earlier so posting here:-

Weekend PC digital deals: Black Friday editio - Shacknews.com - Video Game News, Trailers, Game Videos, and Files

At least 50% off for almost all games. Also check out other site's offers too. ;)

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

Someone asked for deals at Origin earlier so posting here:-

Weekend PC digital deals: Black Friday editio - Shacknews.com - Video Game News, Trailers, Game Videos, and Files

At least 50% off for almost all games. Also check out other site's offers too. ;)
That was me. Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, I wanted to buy FIFA 12 but it is still available at the same cost :cry:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Sorry, it looks like its for US only. Damn EA!!! :mad:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Skud the serious sam HD double pack is worth it. It is just a facelifted version of the classic, and I thouroughly enjoyed it.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Thanks. Will buy it. Serious Sam 3 is also getting good reviews, hope it will be on sale on Christmas.

@baccilus:
try purchasing through Opera with Opera Turbo on. It might just worked.

Please do post feedback if everything goes right.

Last edited:

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

@Skud: Even after the discount FIFA 12 is for $20 which is costlier than it's retail price here. So no point in buying it IMHO.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

OK, got your point. Actually at my place there's no way to access a physical game, it has to be a download, either way.

I think you better purchase it from the store. There's no point waiting for this game, too much waiting and FIFA 13 will be knocking at the door. And Origin will most probably won't lower the price further even during Christmas.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

steam autumn sale,
ended up with CiVilization V and Total War mega pack.

bought them just because of Froznesynapse, it taught me basics of turn based strategy. i'm lovin' them now.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

OK, got your point. Actually at my place there's no way to access a physical game, it has to be a download, either way.

I think you better purchase it from the store. There's no point waiting for this game, too much waiting and FIFA 13 will be knocking at the door. And Origin will most probably won't lower the price further even during Christmas.
Search for games in the Origin store. They are cheaper here in India than the EA international price. I guess that's why they don't put up any sales here.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah, you are better off purchasing elsewhere. And I completely forgotten Flipkart, Letsbuy. Those are of course better option.

bippukt

In the zone

Civ V with all DLCs (except one - Korea pack I think) and Deluxe content for only $16 for today's deal. Sounds good if you're a TBS fan.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Anyone won any games in the 10 winners per day wishlist competition? I guess its just about impossible to win the lucky draw.
Any one ever got any wish list game for free?

Soumik99

Journeyman

Need help! Trying to install Brink, it says "Preparing Brink files to install" , then the bar slows down, and gives "Steam Error-The steam servers are too busy to process your request at the moment. Please try again after few minutes." But behind it the normal "Your download has started-Visit game library" window comes too. The game shows "Download starting" and just stuck there. xD WTH do I do? I have changed server location from singapore to many other places, didn't work. Have renamed ClientRegistry.blob too. Doesn't work. BAD STEAM. Someone help please.
EDIT- OK Problem solved. Emailed support and its started downloading just fine. lol. Thanks for nothing. xD

Anyone won any games in the 10 winners per day wishlist competition? I guess its just about impossible to win the lucky draw.
Any one ever got any wish list game for free?
lol. the odds of winning are very, very, very, more very small.

Last edited:

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson

My TF2 updates every time I reboot the computer. Every time after starting PC I have to download a 4314MB update to play it. :x

Can someone please help me?

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent

backup ur games from steam menu remove steam & reinstall then restore & see if it helps

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson

^Thanks, but it isn't showing tf2 in installed games under backup right now. Will have to try after downloading the update... :x

Top Bottom