Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Re: Steam related discussions

VTM is an awesome game Faun. Make sure to install the latest unoffical patch which removes a lot of bugs. lot of replay value, and once you finish the main quest, there are tons of quest mods out there. Graphics aren't great, but the story is really good. :)

Yeah, better than run and gun painkiller. I'll get this, already a legacy of rave reviews about it.

reddead

LoSt!

are you guys able to add funds via dr/cr card??
i tried using mastercard and visa...but i get some error...

rchi84

In the zone
This is bad. Apparently steam was attacked by hackers yesterday who stole some passwords and credit card info. Damn.

rchi84

In the zone
Go to *forums.steampowered.com/forums/ for details. Apparently the attack took place on November 6..

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah

lol @ Super Meat Boy Anniversary Bindle.

Save 75% on Super Meatboy Anniversary Pack on Steam

wtf is HL2 doing there?

Bet most Humble Indie Bundle veterans own every game out of these except BIT.TRIP.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

I don't think so. Steam games are DRM protected. So no chance of getting the setup file.

Good news is that GOG will be bringing newer titles along with Indie games starting next year which will be DRM-free. So wait till then. :D

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

Sometimes the developers may give the installer. The World of Goo developers did give the Linux binaries to the Steam users on contacting, though they later retracted on that as well.
I don't expect any developer to give DRM-free Windows binary for Steam users in any case.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

Desura has no DRM. In Desura, you can run the games without the client. You can browse to the directory to run the games. It's not a feature but a side-benefit of the lack of DRM.
You're not provided with the setup files/packages(.exe or .deb) though. Perhaps available on request? I've no idea there to be honest.

Krow

Crowman

Steam ads are annoying. I don't want to know about new releases. I haven't tried to disable it just because I keep waiting for some awesome sale. Although now I am reconsidering buying from Steam ever. What is the point if I can't even have the setup files? Suppose I want to play them on my desktop back home, I will have to download all games again. Annoying, to say the least.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Steam ads are annoying. I don't want to know about new releases. I haven't tried to disable it just because I keep waiting for some awesome sale. Although now I am reconsidering buying from Steam ever. What is the point if I can't even have the setup files? Suppose I want to play them on my desktop back home, I will have to download all games again. Annoying, to say the least.

10) Take back-up of games on a portable hard disk like I do. Or burn the back-up on DVDs and store the "updated" DVDs.

Use the back-up feature. I will always buy games from Steam no matter what. Don't have time to store CD/DVDs. I download them and archive them on my external HDD.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Steam has its virtues, DRM is not one of them. :(

Top Bottom