Krow

Crowman
Use the back-up feature. I will always buy games from Steam no matter what. Don't have time to store CD/DVDs. I download them and archive them on my external HDD.

I don't play games which are available on CD/DVD. I deserve setup files if I am buying Indie games.

I forgot my steam password. It auto logs in. Any chance I can recover it without logging out?

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Steam related discussions

I don't play games which are available on CD/DVD. I deserve setup files if I am buying Indie games.

I forgot my steam password. It auto logs in. Any chance I can recover it without logging out?
erm what? The dev himself is selling through Steam. His decision lol.

Like I said, use the back-up feature. Solves the problem of re-downloading.

*store.steampowered.com/login/

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

It's not a problem really. You can always backup and restore the games. Consider Steam (and Desura) like the Package Managers in your distro. Always up-to-date, hassle free stuff.
The only downside of Steam is the lack of the Linux client. Purchasing Indie-games on steam and not being able to run them on Linux (when the game itself has a Linux client) sucks big time (and no running the game via Steam in WINE is NOT a solution).

Krow

Crowman
Thanks guys I will keep a backup of games I buy on steam store. But setup files are much more compact. Setup files plus save games take up much less space.

Only problem with buying direct is no discount.

Anyway need to look at Desura too.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

Thanks guys I will keep a backup of games I buy on steam store. But setup files are much more compact. Setup files plus save games take up much less space.
It's almost the same size actually.

ranjitsd

Journeyman

Steam as good offers only problem is i have 256 kbs it took 8 hrs to download trackmania, i will get old if i try to download tf2 which is 9gb,still steam rocks
waiting for hl 2 ep 3

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

rajitsd said:
i will get old if i try to download tf2 which is 9gb
Friend. I have downloaded this game. Updated it with 4 gb files multiple times. and listen to this, I have a 256 kbps connection.
Guess what? I was older by around 5 days only when TF2 completed :wink:

@Others

Have a problem. I was updating TF2. around 100 mb was done. Hadnt used Steam for few days. Now thing is TF2 Update doesnt show in Downloads :confused:
When I click game libary all it shows "Download Starting"

What is the problem? I have the latest client

ranjitsd

Journeyman

Friend. I have downloaded this game. Updated it with 4 gb files multiple times. and listen to this, I have a 256 kbps connection.
Guess what? I was older by around 5 days only when TF2 completed :wink:

@Others

Have a problem. I was updating TF2. around 100 mb was done. Hadnt used Steam for few days. Now thing is TF2 Update doesnt show in Downloads :confused:
When I click game libary all it shows "Download Starting"

What is the problem? I have the latest client
better ask in steam forum i had same problem with trackmania

Piyush

Lanaya

just right click on the game in library menu
then choose "validate integrity of files"
it will download any updates if required
and will solve your problem

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

Is there ever any sale in EA Origin? I am thinking of buying FIFA 12 but don't want to spend 999 on it.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

They had on Alice Madness Returns some time back. But they are very rare.

Krow

Crowman
This Christmas I am going to buy a few Indie titles if they are on sale. I'll then try asking the developers for setup files. Let's see how they respond.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Detected something not so funny while going through my cc statement. Steam transactions are listed 1-2 days later after the were made and in every case the amount charged is 3-7 Rs more than what was initially deducted (as per SMS). However, purchases of Humble and IndieRoyale bundles and from Gamersgate & GOG are listed on the same date and the amount was exact what was deducted in the first place (as per SMS).

Any idea what's going on?? :confused:

rchi84

In the zone
Autumn sale is on! Steams version of thanksgiving. Portal 2 for $10. Hope it's cheaper during Christmas

Krow

Crowman
Steam autumn sale looks good but bundles have spoiled me. Waiting for Christmas.

VVVVVV for $1.24 on Steam today.

bippukt

In the zone

Bought Hearts of Iron III Collection for $13 and Total War Mega Pack for $12.5 :D

Downloaded HoI III. Now downloading NTW - 18GB done and still only 80% :(

Top Bottom