Steam

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
re: Steam related discussions

Amnesia: The Dark Descent @ $9.99 for the weekend.

Over.

Last edited:
OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Left 4 Dead 2 is back @ $4.99

Over.

Last edited:
OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Metro 2033 @ $9.99
Just Cause 2 @ $7.49

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Football Manager 2011 @ $27.99 - 30% off

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

God, get me my CC soon :/

ICO what is the procedure. Suppose you buy some game then you download that game as ISO or a setup folder and that too as many times as you want with not throttle in download speed ? What about protection mechanism, shitty DRM etc ?

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

God, get me my CC soon :/

ICO what is the procedure. Suppose you buy some game then you download that game as ISO or a setup folder and that too as many times as you want with not throttle in download speed ? What about protection mechanism, shitty DRM etc ?
You buy a game and you can download it as many times as you want from anywhere without any throttling. You will NOT be downloading an ISO. Steam just downloads and saves those games inside its folder. Automated process. You can take back-up of the games using Steam on an external hard disk, CD or DVD. The down-point is you have to log-in into Steam to play those games. They are tied to your account. Offline mode exists, but still you have to log-in once. Also, Steam updates tend to get irritating.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack

@faun
instead of describing anything I will just say steam is awesome once you get in ;)

everything else will seem prehistoric afterwards like buying a game from retail and installing :p having games cheap here is the only advantage to buy retail.

_

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

You buy a game and you can download it as many times as you want from anywhere without any throttling. You will NOT be downloading an ISO. Steam just downloads and saves those games inside its folder. Automated process. You can take back-up of the games using Steam on an external hard disk, CD or DVD. The down-point is you have to log-in into Steam to play those games. They are tied to your account. Offline mode exists, but still you have to log-in once. Also, Steam updates tend to get irritating.
So, anyone with can play the games with my account ?
Is it good for games over 10GBs as corruption of data can occur due to disruption in net connection ?
Can I change the location of steam folder or can I split that folder over multiple partitions ?
Thanks for the clarifications. It will be good if you can add the same info in first post.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack

^^^

* yes. but at a time the account can be logged into from only one computer.
* no problems of that sort. steam will automatically resume when net connection is disrupted. you can also run the integrity test of the game cache if you want to.
* you can install steam in which ever drive you want to but cannot split that over diff. partitions.

_

Top Bottom