Steam

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I wasn't going to get any games in this sale originally but ended up buying Witcher 3 GOTY, Just Cause 3 XXL, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Digital Delux and Life is Strange episode 2-5.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I saw 2 posts in reddit, so someone did win free games. But yeah, too slim chances. Sure most people who won got their Cyberpunk 2077 covered.
Damn, I have this tendency to be too optimistic for things if want it or it favors me. Sigh. Reality is often disappointing.

I was planning on buying it from GOG anyway.
Ah. why GOG? Isn't it disliked by many people and don't want to support them ??

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Ah. why GOG? Isn't it disliked by many people and don't want to support them ??
Well, 100% of the profits go to CDPR because they own GOG, also the game will be DRM free.

Also GOG can provide Steam keys for the game you own on GOG if you request from them.

That depends on GOG connect.

Plenty of time to save up.
It's not about saving or being able to afford it. Most people, myself included, will buy games from the cheapest place, for me & many other countries with steam regional pricing that would be steam. If GOG provides steam keys, then US & EU people should buy from them instead of steam to support CDPR.

I'm sure CDPR doesn't care much about India, I mean not many people buy games in India. I read somewhere that Indians barely make 0.5% of users or something like that. Piracy is still the major source of games, not to forget not many people can buy a decent gaming laptop/desktop & the social stigma related to gaming.

Killing Machine
That depends on GOG connect.
You are mixing up few things here.

GOG Connect => Grants you GOG copies based on your Steam library for certain games from participating publishers/developers on a time-limited promotion basis. It is neither for all Steam games that you own nor available all the time.

What I said was => For games like Witcher 1, Witcher 2 that you own on Steam => you get GOG backup keys by default. Right click the game in your Steam library and "View CD Key". Enter this product key at GOG.com and you get GOG copies of the respective games. CDPR did not give this option for Witcher 3, so I'm sure they won't give this option for CP2077.

What you said was => "GOG will provide Steam keys for games." This is theoretically true because generating Steam keys doesn't cost anything to the publisher/developer. Though there is a limit on how much you can generate, it is free. But my question was - how well do you know that CDPR/GOG honors such requests for Steam key? Has it happened before? If this was true and having no-regional pricing on Steam, I'll be happy to throw away $60 at GOG (so they get full profit=happy for that) provided they will issue me a Steam key for CP2077. Coz I am one of those DRM-free haters and I'd rather have everything under my single Steam roof.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
GOG Connect => Grants you GOG copies based on your Steam library for certain games from participating publishers/developers on a time-limited promotion basis. It is neither for all Steam games that you own nor available all the time.
That's why I said "depends".
But my question was - how well do you know that CDPR/GOG honors such requests for Steam key? Has it happened before?
I am sure I read about this somewhere, but it was a long time ago, so it's better to take this with a grain of salt.

Top Bottom