Steam

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
the witcher series is priced in rupees,and available again. witcher 3 is Rs1179(18$),which seems to be the lowest price for any region.
also,transformers devastation is also available now,and is actually 0.06%(50 rs) costlier.
seems most major games are now available,but a lot are still not back.
Wow, that calls for rebuying witcher 3 on steam this sale then :)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Lol, you don't need gog client to play witcher 3 (only download). Its DRM free, that's the purpose of gog. Moreover cdpr owns gog, so not using their own client to giveaway a game DRM free makes no sense.

Personally, I don't care about DRM. I feel it is necessary.

Gotta log in for the patches.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that calls for rebuying witcher 3 on steam this sale then :)

ditto.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty damn low. Collection of games is poor and client is trash.

Steam was buggy as hell during initial days, I could not get it run for more than a year (during 2009-10). Every time I ran the installer it would try to update itself and they exit throwing an error. And I don't want to talk about the ordeals of trying to install Half Life 1 Complete on a dial up a decade ago when Steam first came out.

Client issues would be sorted out eventually. It's always good to have some competition. As much as people hate them, EA is actually thriving on their DLC business completely ignoring Steam. So there's plenty of opportunities for the alternate players. Ubisoft, Kalypso, Stardock are forcing players to use their client/DRM even for the Steam version. And players haven't stopped buying their games yet despite having complaints about their clients.

As regards GOG, you still own their games once purchased, not just hold a license to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't you buy the 125$ Witcher collection on GoG. :p

I regret buying it on GoG. I fkin hate GoG. So buggy.

When did you purchase the game? If recently, then try to contact GOG and explain them the situation. They might just give you back the additional amount in form of store credit if you can convince them.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Lol witcher 3 + expansion pass on steam is cheaper than expansion pass alone on GoG. I have Witcher 3 on GoG. :(
Yeah me too, also have expansion on GOG.

But don't regret it one bit. This is an investment for more games like witcher 3 in the future. And I would gladly repurchase tw3 stuff in steam now.

Full support for GOG!

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Pretty damn low. Collection of games is poor and client is trash.
Tell me the age of steam and the age of GOG galaxy and then we will compare.

Next tell me your age and I will tell you mine and then we will compare our skillset.

You get my flow man. Everything needs time and nurturing and to stay on track.

Appreciate what they are trying to do that other clients don't do. While keeping the ownership of games for yourself.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Steam was buggy as hell during initial days, I could not get it run for more than a year (during 2009-10). Every time I ran the installer it would try to update itself and they exit throwing an error. And I don't want to talk about the ordeals of trying to install Half Life 1 Complete on a dial up a decade ago when Steam first came out.

Client issues would be sorted out eventually. It's always good to have some competition. As much as people hate them, EA is actually thriving on their DLC business completely ignoring Steam. So there's plenty of opportunities for the alternate players. Ubisoft, Kalypso, Stardock are forcing players to use their client/DRM even for the Steam version. And players haven't stopped buying their games yet despite having complaints about their clients.

As regards GOG, you still own their games once purchased, not just hold a license to play.

- - - Updated - - -

When did you purchase the game? If recently, then try to contact GOG and explain them the situation. They might just give you back the additional amount in form of store credit if you can convince them.

Bought retail version for Rs 1499. Got T shirt too.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me the age of steam and the age of GOG galaxy and then we will compare.

Next tell me your age and I will tell you mine and then we will compare our skillset.

You get my flow man. Everything needs time and nurturing and to stay on track.

Appreciate what they are trying to do that other clients don't do. While keeping the ownership of games for yourself.

You have spoken. O enlightened one. :D

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
How do u limit the giveaway to India only. Currently no option is available on steamgifts giveaway creation page to limit the giveaway in India. Anyway Thanks for the giveaway :)

By locking it to invite only and sharing the invite link on an Indian forum.

- - - Updated - - -

It's is one of my favorite t-shirts..

The same sells on cdpr fan store for $60.

Got a t-shirt with Arkham Knight too. Next up, Fallout :D

sggupta95

Broken In
don't really get the complaints with gog.
gog evolved as a store where you can buy old games which are not available easily,so of course they won't have your new AAA blockbusters and other stuff.it is already radical that they are adding a lot of newer indie games.people who play older games would have no problem,and that's who they cater to.
the client itself is optional,and not even released properly,so no point complaining about it.main thing is they offer drm free games with extras too,so you can play it without hassle.
and they have actual customer care.
i myself quite like it gog.of course,that doesn't mean i will only buy on gog,and the regional pricing has changed things considerably.but for older titles and their in-house stuff,i would prefer gog.

Top Bottom