Steam

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
What! I don't even have Webmoney or moneybookers. How is it easy to setup? And how is it compared to PayPal..
Dunno, I was just trying to purchase a dlc today that was priced at ₹0 and then I noticed they removed PayPal option and have two new options other than visa DC/cc. One of them was web money, did not get a chance to research on it as I had to run to office

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
What! I don't even have Webmoney or moneybookers. How is it easy to setup? And how is it compared to PayPal..

U need to pay fees and conversation rate if u r going to use webmoney and skrill. I tested Skrill(Moneybookers) today A**holes charge me in EURO instead of Indian Rupee. Steam needs to give local payment methods like paytm,payumoney etc. I don't want to type or store my CC info on Steam

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
U need to pay fees and conversation rate if u r going to use webmoney and skrill. I tested Skrill(Moneybookers) today A**holes charge me in EURO instead of Indian Rupee. Steam needs to give local payment methods like paytm,payumoney etc. I don't want to type or store my CC info on Steam
For now resort to typing it to save on conversion charges. And hope PayPal comes back. You might as well forget about paytm etc.

Killing Machine
That's bad. PayPal was much better for me. I know their charges are more for receiving money but merchant payment was hassle free for me all this while.

Checked Skrill, they claim to offer free money loading if done via bank transfer but takes 3-5 days to load. What age are these guys living in??

Webmoney on the other hand is not sending OTP for registration. When you request for OTP again, they want us to send a ISD msg to request. Even did that and didn't get the OTP yet.

Long story short, I miss PayPal.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
That's bad. PayPal was much better for me. I know their charges are more for receiving money but merchant payment was hassle free for me all this while.

Checked Skrill, they claim to offer free money loading if done via bank transfer but takes 3-5 days to load. What age are these guys living in??

Webmoney on the other hand is not sending OTP for registration. When you request for OTP again, they want us to send a ISD msg to request. Even did that and didn't get the OTP yet.

Long story short, I miss PayPal.
Typing cc info into steam that bad?

I know PayPal is my pal, but what to do now?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wait.. The Crew in Rs 499... and it's $29.99 internationally! :shock:

So in winter sales.. it will be even less? :centershock:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Wait.. The Crew in Rs 499... and it's $29.99 internationally! :shock:

So in winter sales.. it will be even less? :centershock:
Ya man. Expect the same 80-90% offs even. There are some on sale already with 90% off, I.E ₹15 - cheaper than a pack of rubber

Killing Machine
Typing cc info into steam that bad?

I know PayPal is my pal, but what to do now?
So far, the only places outside India that had my card details were PayPal, Amazon.com and Google Wallet. I guess I have to add Steam to the trusted list. I used my Citi card recently to purchase something from US and after a week, bank called and asked me to replace the card as they have evidence that critical information of my card may have been compromised. It doesn't happen for usual forex transactions that I do though. Thankfully no unauthorized transactions happened and it was a preventive measure from the bank it seems. They replaced the card in two days for free. So I'm allowed to be skeptical.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
So far, the only places outside India that had my card details were PayPal, Amazon.com and Google Wallet. I guess I have to add Steam to the trusted list. I used my Citi card recently to purchase something from US and after a week, bank called and asked me to replace the card as they have evidence that critical information of my card may have been compromised. It doesn't happen for usual forex transactions that I do though. Thankfully no unauthorized transactions happened and it was a preventive measure from the bank it seems. They replaced the card in two days for free. So I'm allowed to be skeptical.
Wow really :/ well its really tough to trust anyone today.

bippukt

In the zone
I really wanted to buy Galactic Civilizations III, but had to wait for a big sale as it is priced at $50! I even let a sale go which cut the price to $25. Now, it is selling for INR 989 without any discount! No need to wait :)

On the other hand, no Paypal? How will I pay now - the card might work as it does on Google Play and Origin.

As for the big sales - I think we should expect that that will happen mainly for games still priced highly. Games which are already selling for 50-70% less than their USD price might not get big sales.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
**** pricing from some publishers because they simply don't care for Indian market. India is just not a huge market for them.

Top Bottom