Steam

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Re: Steam related discussions

NO. You can't get Steam Card Drops in offline mode.
However you can get them if you are in ONLINE mode but set your 'STATUS' as offline.

Ok now I am little confused, what are card drops ? Is it given based on your performance or Game time spend ?

little

Journeyman
This is regarding a little problem I faced while installing CS:GO. I purchased a retail disc, activated the key on my account, inserted the disc and ran setup.exe
The game started installing from the disc but it stopped at 650MB and then it begun downloading from net. Is this normal? Disc size is 2.67GB.

gameranand

Living to Play
This is regarding a little problem I faced while installing CS:GO. I purchased a retail disc, activated the key on my account, inserted the disc and ran setup.exe
The game started installing from the disc but it stopped at 650MB and then it begun downloading from net. Is this normal? Disc size is 2.67GB.

yes its normal if the disk is old.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover

very normal and obvious for game that already released 6 months ago.If game is older than 6 months surely there would be large amount of data you have to download this is for every game

gameranand

Living to Play
very normal and obvious for game that already released 6 months ago.If game is older than 6 months surely there would be large amount of data you have to download this is for every game

6 months ?? Are you kidding me. I purchased it in Dec 2013 and it was released long before that.

i actually meant a multiplayer game usally updates in 6 months not that cs go was released 6 months ago

Nope, there is never such a hard and fast time frame. Games like TF2 and DOTA update once or twice a week. The release time frame varies accordingly to whatever issue they are trying to fix or what they are trying to implement. I may be wrong but this is what i've seen.
Cheers.

gameranand

Living to Play
Nope, there is never such a hard and fast time frame. Games like TF2 and DOTA update once or twice a week. The release time frame varies accordingly to whatever issue they are trying to fix or what they are trying to implement. I may be wrong but this is what i've seen.
Cheers.

Yeah I am a witness of it. I have recently updated DOTA for 4 GB as I was gone to village for 2 months.

little

Journeyman
Does anyone know how to inject game files in steam to avoid downloading the complete game.
I had the *ahem* version of a game but recently I bought it on Steam so can I skip downloading it again?

I have don't this on Origin. It's just simple copy and paste on Origin but that isn't working on Steam.

little

Journeyman
Yeah, backup and restore is another thing.

Let's say I have the retail version of COD4 installation disk (non-steam installation disk). Now I purchased it on steam and I don't want to download everything again. Is there any way around this?

This can be done on Origin. I have a retail disk of Burnout Paradise and later I got the game in one of the Humble Bundles (the EA one). I installed the game from the disk on my PC (non-origin installation) and then copied the files in game directory to another folder. Then I uninstalled the game. After this I started downloading the game in Origin and paused it after a few minutes. Then I closed Origin and copied the gamefiles into the Origin directory. After opening Origin again I started the download and it started from around 90%. It downloaded only the patches and leftover files.

Is there any way to do the same in Steam?

Top Bottom