Steam Summer Sale 2013 - And it begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
A

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
So my sbi debit card dont work in steam .. Well what to do...

A better way, If you have fixed your mind to buy certain amount of games in the summer sale, you can buy steam wallet card and redeem the code in steam.

Steam Wallet Card (US)

Suppose you bought $5 wallet card at 345 INR, you will get a code, that code you can redeem in steam and $5 will be added to your wallet. With that $5 you can purchase in the store/market.

This is how wallet code works, but I have not used this site before, so cannot tell if this site is reliable or not. Better to try some $5 code before buying anything big.

guys just use tf2outpost if u r into trading games, tf2, dota2 items. just use search feature to see deals on ur fav games. or if u dont trade tf2 item, u can set it to display game trades only.

beware phishing links!! dont click on any link and enter ur steam details. read the link url properly.

for tf2 prices see backpack.tf. that site has dota 2 pricing sister site too.

@baba
u should hover ur mouse over the game in trade window to see its description, whether its region restricted or not.

Man bold your phishing link part, lots of people dont know about trading/tf2 keys here. Too way easier, At very first login to your account from steamcommunity.com, after that never put your steam login information anywhere. None of the trading sites ask for login info, they all uses openid.

Piyush

Lanaya
Witcher 2 is region locked in RU, so no chance for getting it cheap.

Torchlight can be arranged at 2 D2 keys, but not sure, key prices are falling.
Ok
lets talk about it in evening.
I herd that Fallout 3 and NV are on sale today, but both games are restricted here. Can I get it via gifts as redeem-able?
@baba
u should hover ur mouse over the game in trade window to see its description, whether its region restricted or not.

Haa yar... should have done that
If a game is region restricted, then does that also means that it'll be selling at higher price in those other regions?

For eg: That witcher 2EE was region restricted . It was redeemable only in countries Russia, Turkey, Czech Rep., etc.
So does that mean that we have to buy it at higher cost?

OP
A

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
^No not like that, you dont have to buy it at higher cost, but the thing is you will not get it cheap. Every game is cheaper in russia, for example At sale price Witcher 2 is $5, and in russia suppose it is $3, as you cannot activate the russian version, you have to pay $5 and buy US version. But if witcher 2 were not region locked, you can trade with someone from russia and pay him $3.

New Sales

Community Choice :- Left 4 Dead 2 $5

Flash Sale

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
Mass Effect 2
Trine 2 Complete Story

Piyush

Lanaya
^No not like that, you dont have to buy it at higher cost, but the thing is you will not get it cheap. Every game is cheaper in russia, for example At sale price Witcher 2 is $5, and in russia suppose it is $3, as you cannot activate the russian version, you have to pay $5 and buy US version. But if witcher 2 were not region locked, you can trade with someone from russia and pay him $3.

New Sales

Community Choice :- Left 4 Dead 2 $5

Flash Sale

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
Mass Effect 2
Trine 2 Complete Story

alright
can you ask that guy about fallout new vegas and falout 3?

deadcode00

Broken In
A better way, If you have fixed your mind to buy certain amount of games in the summer sale, you can buy steam wallet card and redeem the code in steam.

Steam Wallet Card (US)

Suppose you bought $5 wallet card at 345 INR, you will get a code, that code you can redeem in steam and $5 will be added to your wallet. With that $5 you can purchase in the store/market.

This is how wallet code works, but I have not used this site before, so cannot tell if this site is reliable or not. Better to try some $5 code before buying anything big.

Thanks for your suggestion

Piyush

Lanaya
Thanks to Arijit, I got the Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout NV UE, both of these I was longing to get on steam since long time.

Also, thanks to an honest guy from Dota2Lounge who gave me Witcher 2 EE for 3 Dota2 keys , even though the current price is 6keys (after the 75% off deal is finished)

OP
A

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
This steam sale is becoming dumb. Same deal again again. Same game that was in daily deal yesterday, coming in flash sale today.

BTW yesterday I get to know we have a russian member in tdf, yesterday his steam store price matched the russian's store price. Though he claimed he stays in hyd.

Thanks to Arijit, I got the Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout NV UE, both of these I was longing to get on steam since long time.

Also, thanks to an honest guy from Dota2Lounge who gave me Witcher 2 EE for 3 Dota2 keys , even though the current price is 6keys (after the 75% off deal is finished)

Np..

BTW you overpayed for Witcher 2 EE. :-|

OP
A

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
you only consider the past best sale price while trading..

Yup.. In trading the lowest sale price is considered. I dont like tf2outpost, At first glance it will look attractive, but if you dig further, you will find it overpriced.

Current dota 2 price is near $2 in market, so you payed $6 for a $5. But still, its not a bad deal though, as the sale ended.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
I dont like tf2outpost, At first glance it will look attractive, but if you dig further, you will find it overpriced.

i got terraria for 1 tf2 key + 1 ref and killing floor for 1 tf2 key + 3 ref today on outpost. not bad i think?
but i agree its got overpricing traders too. although u will find good prices.

Yup.. In trading the lowest sale price is considered.

i dont think so. price keeps on varying on outpost as per steam price. u wont get lowest price after sale.
which website u use?

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
i got terraria for 1 tf2 key + 1 ref and killing floor for 1 tf2 key + 3 ref today on outpost. not bad i think?

i dont think so. price keeps on varying on outpost as per steam price. u wont get lowest price after sale.
which website u use?
try reddit, spud or steamtrades.com.. it's really not hard to find traders selling for least sale price..

for eg, terraria is 2.5$ and gmod is 5$ now.. though the base price of both is 10$.. but gmod only goes for 1 copy of terraria cuz the least sale price of both is 2.5$.. incase you are dealing with wallet or keys, you may want to add a slight bit extra to least sale price sweeten the deal but not the current price. anyway it depends on the availability too.. for a game which tends to be on sale more is easier to find a seller than something which seldom goes on sale.

OP
A

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

which website u use?

^Its good as long as the sale is up. Once the sale is over everyone started overpricing. I use reddit, and befriended some russians :p.

Yesterday got Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate at 2 tf2 key and 2 Dota 2 key. But in tf2outpost, everyone is charging 3 keys each.

try reddit, spud or steamtrades.com.. it's really not hard to find traders selling for least sale price..

for eg, terraria is 2.5$ and gmod is 5$ now.. though the base price of both is 10$.. but gmod only goes for 1 copy of terraria cuz the least sale price of both is 2.5$.. incase you are dealing with wallet or keys, you may want to add a slight bit extra to least sale price sweeten the deal but not the current price. anyway it depends on the availability too.. for a game which tends to be on sale more is easier to find a seller than something which seldom goes on sale.

yup. you will still find gmod,terraria for 1 key.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

ohk, thanks for those websites.

^Its good as long as the sale is up. Once the sale is over everyone started overpricing. I use reddit, and befriended some russians :p.

Yesterday got Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate at 2 tf2 key and 2 Dota 2 key. But in tf2outpost, everyone is charging 3 keys each.

yup. you will still find gmod,terraria for 1 key.

darn, need to search on reddit :p. can u link me that subreddit?

on outpost, people buy for less during sale and sell for more after sale :p easy to make profit.

also i trade tf2 items, so i use outpost.

OP
A

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I got Commandos Complete Pack on steam. My first PC game :wub: I felt very happy to see it on steam sale. Have anyone played this game? It is one of my best game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom