Static IP on LAN network

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
Hello guys

I am trying to host a server (on 2k12) but my modem gives different IPs to all devices connected to my network(phones,pc,laptops,tablets) so I have to change my port forwading settings everytime to change the ip again and again.Is there a way to allocate static IP to LAN connected systems? Does it also applies to game servers or other servers (ports other than 80). Is it allowed to open ports and host a server on MTNL network?

I tried the usual way of doing it in the Network Connections/TCP/IPv4settings and giving IP but after doing that internet connection doesn't work. FYI I am using 410TC1 and TPLink WR702N.

Regards

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
You can assign fixed ip using the dhcp server configuration of the router. Use the network mac id to identify the clients.

Capture.PNG

In the picture I have assigned the static ip 192.168.0.103 for my raspberry so that i can monitor it remotely.

OP
tanmaymohan

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
I am able to get a list of connected devices but not an editable table

I have a Beetel modem and its interface looks pretty much similar to yours.

Rajesh345

Youngling
Hello guys

I am trying to host a server (on 2k12) but my modem gives different IPs to all devices connected to my network(phones,pc,laptops,tablets) so I have to change my port forwading settings everytime to change the ip again and again.Is there a way to allocate static IP to LAN connected systems? Does it also applies to game servers or other servers (ports other than 80). Is it allowed to open ports and host a server on MTNL network?

I tried the usual way of doing it in the Network Connections/TCP/IPv4settings and giving IP but after doing that internet connection doesn't work. FYI I am using 410TC1 and TPLink WR702N.

Regards

What are the settings you entered in ipv4 properties? Ip address and mask? You have to enter gateway also and dns

Eg
Ip 192.168.1.253
Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.1.1

Dns 8.8.8.8
Dns 8.8.4.4

Edit

What is the Ip range (local ip) you using on adsl modem router and tp link router?

Top Bottom