Startup problem in VISTA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad_hatter_11

Broken In
I noticed this weird problem today when I started my lappy from hibernation.
When I logged in the "my documents" window opened up but there was no taskbar and my desktop was blank(just one window open n thats it!!!!!)Obviously nothing happened on waiting.....on starting task manager,under the processes tab I saw explorer running but it was terminated when I closed the "documents" window.
I had to manually do--->New Task->explorer in the task manager to get my working desktop back(even wid this some icons were missing from the taskbar although these processes were shown to be running in task manager)...

What cud be the problem?????
(I hv tune up 2008,Norton Internet security 2007 n Daemon tools installed if you have to know)
I wud be very grateful if you guys cud help me out as I am unable to figure out whts happening.....................formatting n reinstalling is right now not an option for me ........

Plzzzzzzzz reply as soon as possible.!!

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Do u have a pirated version of Vista installed on your PC ? Then when the OS failed activation, it switches to 'Limited Functionality Mode' which is moreover similar to your situation. Please make sure that you are NOT using a pirated version on your PC. :rolleyes:

I dont think is the Reduced Functionality mode, its seems like the work of a malicious program or maybe a corrupt registry entry. Hey do one thing, open Windows Defender and in the Software Explorer, check to see whether explorer.exe is in the startup list or not.

gamer669

Broken In
help needed,
i installed windows vista ultimate. it doesn't give me 30 day trial period. rearm doesn't work. is there some way so i do get my 30 day trial period

casanova

The Frozen Nova
^^ Because you might be using a preactivated windows vista.

@mad_hatter_11
Log in to vista in safe mode and do a registry clean up by Tune Up. Followed by this log in to vista in normal mode

gamer669

Broken In
^^ Because you might be using a preactivated windows vista.

@mad_hatter_11
Log in to vista in safe mode and do a registry clean up by Tune Up. Followed by this log in to vista in normal mode

no it isn't preactivated one!!!!

erlier i installed vista and got 30 day trial period, but due to some boot problems it had to formatted . since then i gave tried 3-4 times and it doesn't give any trial period and after installing straight away asks for activation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom