Startup and related problmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Hi

I don't know what has suddenly happened. The bluetooth icon that is there on the taskbar disappears after some time. That also happens when I put my laptop in standby mode and then start it again. It was not like this before some days, the bluetooth icon used to stay in the taskbar all the time.

I checked in the 'msconfig' file, and bluetooth has been flagged as common startup. And now when the icon disappears from the taskbar, it appears in the startup tree in all programs. But still I cannot access it from there.

Then when I right click on start, the menu is like the file attached. Why is there a gap below search? What is the reason and how can I remove it. I guess some regisrty editing will be required, but I don't know where is the contex menu of start.

So please tell me what to do.

Aditya

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Regarding to the extra space in right-click, open regedit and goto:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory

Now under this key, u'll get Shell & ShellEx keys. Look in them and check whether they contain ne key with some strange characters or with some location, which doesnt exist in ur comp!

Or post a screenshot of these keys! :)

OP
aditya.shevade

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
I checked. There is a key named ddeexec. When I click on the empty space in the contex menu, DAP File Shreader is opened. But the blank space in olnly visible in case os start. If I right click on any other directory, the blank space is not there.

Aditya

OP
aditya.shevade

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
I deleted that. But still no change. I will try after rebooting and get back if the same problem exists.

Aditya

Aditya

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I posted it in following post:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=288519&postcount=26

In the above post just look for "Changing the Start button Text" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom