Start your website Today for just Rs. 499

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
You are one who hosts hullap's site right ?

Well, I am using BSNL H500 internet from Bangalore and the site takes 20 seconds to load on a cleared cache. ALL the time. Any idea why this low speed ?

And with 50% off code would that Rs. 1000 plan become available for Rs. 500 ?

Is 40GB/Month bandwidth enough if I host a repository used by a hundred guys hosting some software which totally takes up around 5MB space ?

1. Yes, i do host hullap site.
2. It is on Redirection, thats why, you might find delay. Try this URL : madhurs.com
3. No, 50% doesnt offer on any of the STUDENT PLANS. They are already too discounted. You wont even find domains at the price which i sell Hosting + Domains

And are there any real ThinkDigit members here who have hosted with him? No members with 1/2 posts please. Real ThinkDigit members. :D How is the uptime? How is the support?

Yeah! Right. All the Real Slim Digit Members, PLEASE STAND UP. I repeat, All the Real Slim Digit Members, PLEASE STAND UP. I think we gonna have some problem here :D

Just a hint, the guys with least post on forum hosts with me, the guy with most posts also hosts with me :)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
2. It is on Redirection, thats why, you might find delay. Try this URL : madhurs.com
3. No, 50% doesnt offer on any of the STUDENT PLANS. They are already too discounted. You wont even find domains at the price which i sell Hosting + Domains

Yeah! Right. All the Real Slim Digit Members, PLEASE STAND UP. I repeat, All the Real Slim Digit Members, PLEASE STAND UP. I think we gonna have some problem here :D

Just a hint, the guys with least post on forum hosts with me, the guy with most posts also hosts with me :)
Oh! come on...you are not Eminem and where is no Slim Shady here:D

2. It does seem to load a little faster.
2. Then which plans ?

axxo

99.9% Idle
Yes, I too am interested in knowing that. Does 50% off mean I will get the 1000 Rs. plan in 500Rs.? That too with free domain name?

And are there any real ThinkDigit members here who have hosted with him? No members with 1/2 posts please. Real ThinkDigit members. :D How is the uptime? How is the support?

I would recommend host4cheap.org anyday for instant support and uptime.

All the plans with monthly payments are discounted like Shared and Reseller

And they all have more price than the most expensive student plan :lol:

What are the key differences between the two plans ?

And what are your CPU usage restrictions ?

Do you allow a user to upgrade his plan from a lower one to a higher one by paying difference money for remaining months if the bandwidth gets too high to handle ?

And btw, any idea which site designer is used here ?

*www.archlinux.org/
*xyne.archlinux.ca/main
*schwag.archlinux.ca/

It looks like great stuff which is light weight, to intergrate multiple website tools.

OP
Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
And they all have more price than the most expensive student plan :lol:

What are the key differences between the two plans ?

And what are your CPU usage restrictions ?

Do you allow a user to upgrade his plan from a lower one to a higher one by paying difference money for remaining months if the bandwidth gets too high to handle ?

And btw, any idea which site designer is used here ?

*www.archlinux.org/
*xyne.archlinux.ca/main
*schwag.archlinux.ca/

It looks like great stuff which is light weight, to intergrate multiple website tools.

1. Didnt i say, Student Plans are already highly discounted for Students and Fellow Indians ???? :rolleyes: Honesty, there is neglible profit when you sell Hosting and Domain for 12$ for year even alone Domain Prices are this high. I am in hosting business for last 3 years and my market primarily consists of International customers.

2. Read the Feature list for features like space, bandwith etc, shared plans allow monthly payments while Student Plans dont and run on Annual payment.

3. As such, i don't force any CPU Restrictions. But i do monitor servers and i feel that your site is taking too much power, i will advice for changes and maybe move over to our special server for high traffic sites. Drgrude - former Moderator here on forum can be contacted as he uses such service for 2 years

4. Yes, all plans can be upgraded

1. Didnt i say, Student Plans are already highly discounted for Students and Fellow Indians ???? :rolleyes: Honesty, there is neglible profit when you sell Hosting and Domain for 12$ for year even alone Domain Prices are this high. I am in hosting business for last 3 years and my market primarily consists of International customers.

2. Read the Feature list for features like space, bandwith etc, shared plans allow monthly payments while Student Plans dont and run on Annual payment.

3. As such, i don't force any CPU Restrictions. But i do monitor servers and i feel that your site is taking too much power, i will advice for changes and maybe move over to our special server for high traffic sites. Drgrude - former Moderator here on forum can be contacted as he uses such service for 2 years

4. Yes, all plans can be upgraded

1. woops. forgot. anyway, among the users here, can you point out some of those who use your student plans ? And some with business plans ? (give site link too).

2. Well, I mean *other* stuff. Like you don't have addon parked domains for student plans except 1000 plan right ?

3. DrGrudge ? Haven't heard from him for like AGES. Where is he these days ?

4. Details ? As in pricing for upgrades ? Is it just propotional amount or does it have any upgrade charges ?

and yeah,

5. What causes high system resource usage ? I noticed that flash causes high system resource usage on VIEWER's computer but least usage on SERVER computer. Is it stuff like Joomla! or WordPress ?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
5. What causes high system resource usage ? I noticed that flash causes high system resource usage on VIEWER's computer but least usage on SERVER computer. Is it stuff like Joomla! or WordPress ?
Well, if you have loads of server side script which generate dynamic content per page view basis, more resourced would be used.

For Wordpress, plugins are main culprit for CPU usage.
Also, as traffic increases, Resource utilization increases.

If you have more than 5000visitors a day, then you should move to VPS

Well, if you have loads of server side script which generate dynamic content per page view basis, more resourced would be used.
Examples ?

For Wordpress, plugins are main culprit for CPU usage.
Also, as traffic increases, Resource utilization increases.

If you have more than 5000visitors a day, then you should move to VPS
Whats the cost of VPS usually ?

And for wordpress, does vanilla wordpress, or WP with simpler plugins like digg.com del.icou.us, etc submitter link automatically on post ends consume high resources ?

From what I understand, in such cases, only *using* the site builders would use CPU time right ? And not viewing, unless its something complex ?

EDIT: @SS: I was going through THIS PAGE and would like to make you an offtopic usability related suggestion: while your entire site is well built, it would be great if the items in this page have their titles and logos link to their official website. Makes it easier for users to know WHAT are those things you are offering.

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Examples ?
dynamic content, which has to processed in real time, like E-commerce websites or a active forum

Whats the cost of VPS usually ?
VPS is Costly, Decent plans come cost like $50USD per month.

And for wordpress, does vanilla wordpress, or WP with simpler plugins like digg.com del.icou.us, etc submitter link automatically on post ends consume high resources ?
each plugin has its own overhead, as a thumb rule don't use more than 10plugins. you should be fine

From what I understand, in such cases, only *using* the site builders would use CPU time right ? And not viewing, unless its something complex ?
If you efficiently code your site, there shouldn't be any problems with using site builders.

ps: Hope Sukhdeep does not mind my posts:D

RChandan

Broken In
Two good hosts, with cheap rates and good reliability (I can vouch for both 3ix and ix).

www.3ix.com
www.ixwebhosting.com

Best rates, lower than what is mentioned in these threads. the IXWeb plans are incredible, and beats all hosts I guess, since they are ultra reliable.

OP
Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
EDIT: @SS: I was going through THIS PAGE and would like to make you an offtopic usability related suggestion: while your entire site is well built, it would be great if the items in this page have their titles and logos link to their official website. Makes it easier for users to know WHAT are those things you are offering.

Feel Free to submit a PResale Ticket by email at support(at)host4cheap.org

I will be happy to answer all queries there :)

iluckv1

Freak Geek!
@Sukhdeep Singh

Sorry i had no time to check out your website and more information about hosting and domain plans. I want to ask you
1) Do you allow CMS hosting.
2) I need 5GB space.
How much will it cost?

OP
Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
@Sukhdeep Singh

Sorry i had no time to check out your website and more information about hosting and domain plans. I want to ask you
1) Do you allow CMS hosting.
2) I need 5GB space.
How much will it cost?

Hi

Thanks for interest

1. Yes, CMS is allowed
2.Our Advanced plan will be perfect for you. Price would be

$7.49 USD (monthly)
$21.49 USD (quarterly)
$43.99 USD (semi annually)
$85.99 USD (annually)

How do you accept payments btw ?
And in 2008 begening, I remember offers for .info and .co.in at Rs. 150 for an year.

When are such offers for domain names comming back ?
Doesn't it have something to do with the Indian Registrar ?

OP
Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
How do you accept payments btw ?
And in 2008 begening, I remember offers for .info and .co.in at Rs. 150 for an year.

When are such offers for domain names comming back ?
Doesn't it have something to do with the Indian Registrar ?

Check the thread first post
Mode of Payment
1. Paypal
2. Bank Transfer to HDFC

I requested you to submit a ticket by emailing at support(at)host4cheap.org

You have a long list of queries and it would be better to handle our discussion in the ticket itself rather than making a long thread here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom