Start your website Today for just Rs. 499

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Wow, long time Man How are you. ? :) Thanks for appreciating ;)

LOL, DirectAdmin is actually loved by lots of people including myself but cPanel is Like Windows, people love it and addicted to it :p cPanel is like defacto now :(
I prefer SSH access over stupid panels any day:D
Is there any cost benefit, if customer uses free panels or none?

:p :p :p

OP
Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org

SSH, Boss ap to smart ho ;) Hum jaise average ka kya hoga :D No offence, just joking

Yes, offcouse. Panels increase the cost. But a Panel is for entire server and not user specific

tuxfan

Technomancer
Sukhdeep Singh said:
Wow, long time Man How are you. ? Thanks for appreciating
:) I am fine. And I can SEE you are too :))

I prefer SSH access over stupid panels any day

Few problems of only SSH.

• It is a security risk, howsoever small it may be. So Jailed shell is enabled only on request and on justification. Some host refuse to enabled it at all.
  • Not having a panel is a hugh sales disadvanage.
  • Not having a "standard" panel like cPanel is a trouble for incoming clients. Transferring sites is a pain.

Last week, I transferred sites from one WHM server to another WHM server. All biggies, with databases. It was a breeze thru root WHM. No upload/download/backup/restore. Just give login info of other server and WHM fetches the list. Select the sites and go ..... :))

OP
Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Last week, I transferred sites from one WHM server to another WHM server. All biggies, with databases. It was a breeze thru root WHM. No upload/download/backup/restore. Just give login info of other server and WHM fetches the list. Select the sites and go ..... :))

Exactly, good thing they now have DirectAdmin transfer script aswell. Made the whole Transfer process easy except for sites having multiple domains since DirectAdmin has different way of handling and cPanel has different. But in the end, it was done successfully :)

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack

haha SSH is all cool and geeky.. but wait till our chinese friends come and pay a visit with brute-force attacks :D :p esp if your server is in singapore

all hell will break loose ;)

_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom