StarDock ObjectDock 1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat22

In the zone
StarDock ObjectDock 1.2

This free utility replaces the Windows Taskbar, finding a better way to access shortcuts. ObjectDock displays the icons of the currently running applications so you can quickly switch among them. It also holds icons that launch your favorite programs. The application magnifies the icons and displays the window title as your cursor passes over it, which helps you find what you need even when you're running numerous applications at once. An attractive clock rounds out the toolbar, rendering the standard Windows Taskbar obsolete. The tiny utility offers a dozen attractive skins. The program also features options for slow computers that degrade animation quality to save resources. The program does lack a system tray, and uninstalling it left a number of files. ObjectDock will appeal to users who are bored with the standard Taskbar.

Download
*storage.stardock.com/files/objectdock_freeware.exe

anandk

Distinguished Member
yep. its great. but use it along with stardocks desktopx for devastating desktop effects ! and yes it guzzles up ur resources. :)

or additionally if u want to animate ur desktopk, click *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22657&highlight=animate+desktop

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Object Dock : A good Addon

Object dock can't replace taskbar but it seems to be a good addon. Those with more RAM can use these things without affecting performance otherwise the system become a tortoise. I tried Objectdock along with DesktopX, WindowBlinds, Desktop Sidebar, Icon Packager and Frameshow. :!: I have only 128MB RAM and I use WindowsXP in it. No need to say what happened then. :oops: :shock:

And Object Dock has a nice feature, that if you cannot minimize certain open windows with taskbar,or if the window itself havn't had any minimize button, or if it is a full screen thing, then Object Dock can minimize it. This is a useful thing we often need. :idea:

hcp006sl

Journeyman
Re: Object Dock : A good Addon

Sreekanth V said:
Object dock can't replace taskbar but it seems to be a good addon.

Are you using the free version? Then try the Plus version. It has the ability of hiding the Windows taskbar.
I am using the Plus version. Yesterday I have updated my OD+. Downloading the 'ObjectDockPlus--120.exe' file from 'Stardock store' double-click on it and the installation is very simple - just invoke the product key you have received from Stardock through mail.
It's really a nice as well as very much useful to me. I am using a AMD64 based PC with 512 MB (400 MHz) RAM and 120 GB SATA HDD. So, it's enough fast to use OD+ as a start-up item.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
I mean it is not a good alternative to Taskbar. Even windows taskbar is not so better when compared to linux taskbar. Then objectlock does't have a system tray even though there is a beautiful clock. That is why I said that Object dock can't replace taskbar. I didn't mean that objectdock is unable to do so.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
If so, then Objectdock is really Coool.
NB:If only I use it alone with out other eye candy desktop enhancing tools.

hcp006sl

Journeyman
cvvikram said:
if it has these also i.e

system tray, a taskbar and a start menu.

then it is really cool...

None of you seen it ever! Well, I would make a screenshot and upload it to my Wincustomize gallary very soon. Then I would give you the link.

hcp006sl

Journeyman
Start Menu in ObjectDock Plus (version used 1.20):
*img339.imageshack.us/img339/8074/stm9vt.jpg

System Tray in ObjectDock Plus (version used 1.20):
*img339.imageshack.us/img339/425/systray7qn.jpg

TaskBar in ObjectDock Plus (version used 1.20):
*img339.imageshack.us/img339/7469/taskbar6ra.jpg

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Even if we hide the original start menu using Object dock plus, it is still there.
Just pruss the windows key and the original start menu appeares !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom