Stand Alone DVD Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

src2206

In the zone
Hi,
Is there any Stand Alone DVD player available in Indian Market which can play DivX and XVid movies beside the normal CD/DVD disks?

nil_3

In the zone
Philips has a model which can play DivX movies. Godrej is recently advertising a model which can play DivX/XVid. There are lots of chinese unbranded products which can play MPEG1/MPEG2/JPEG/DVD MP3/Windows files alongwith DivX/XVid also. These models are less costly but requires a bit of your luck to run uninterruptedly. DivX model for Sony is also available. Please search at their website.

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Thanks nil.
I would not go for an unbranded one.
Do Philips or Sony have players which can play both DivX and XVid?
Well I would prefer to stay away from Godrej. There Almirahs are only worth talking :).

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
I think SamSung has a model that can play DivX format movies. I'm not very sure of Philips, check it with
the Philips dealer. I recommend Philips DVD player , since I'm using it for the last 3 years with no problems!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
src2206 said:
Thanks nil.
I would not go for an unbranded one.
Do Philips or Sony have players which can play both DivX and XVid?
Well I would prefer to stay away from Godrej. There Almirahs are only worth talking :).
Philips is quite good in this department.Try the DVP-5106k model.It has a slot loading interface and can play most of the Xvid and Divx files flawlessly.

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
JGuru said:
I recommend Philips DVD player , since I'm using it for the last 3 years with no problems!!
allwyndlima said:
allwyndlima

I agree totally with you. I have been using Philips 625K and it is such a wonderfull performer. Unfortunatelly I bought it 3 years back and that time I was not completely aware of the fact taht there are Stand alone players capable of playing DivX and XVid Movies :(.
So I hope that I can sell my present model and buy the one you suggested.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom