STALKER - shadow of chernobyldiscussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzrulz

Broken In
I guess the nest BIG game after HL2 is STALKER shadow of chernobyl. I saw a few screen shots and the graphics simply rocks. check out the home page at: *www.stalker-game.com/index_eng.html

tell me what you think of the game. I think there is a video download too.

G

gxsaurav

basically it is the next big thing according to me after Doom3, Far cry also has a really nice looking DirectX Engine, but an engine isn't only about the Graphics & Looks, it has to incorporate a lot more things

Far cry engine was better in looks but as a software it was really bad, extremely high memory requirments, insane

Doom 3 eninge is very flexible

I have all the videos of STALKER, the X-Ray engine is quite good looking, I remember the developement started at DX8.1 but now it's compleate DirectX 9c.

I hope that the engine is also flexible like Doom3, not like HL2 which favors ATI better then NVIDIA, I mean tell me, if NVIDIA cards are so bad in DX 9 then Y are the games like Far Cry etc perform better in NVIDIA then ATI, even they have disabled theDX9 path for FX cards, what the hell, does FX really perform better then ATI in DX9 & to hide it they had to close the path for FX cards

OP
J

Jazzrulz

Broken In
Well valve software has an OEM contract with ATi. Its obvious that they will support Ati. BTW I own an ATi card so im for ATi.
Hope digit includes a demo too. i didnt see the demo for obivion lost in the digit cd

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
woah i read it's preview and it the next best thing ;)
i have read dat thei game has 7 possible endings :-o it depends the way you play it ;)
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
GX why does every convo become an ATI vs Nvidia thing for u ? This is a game ... why does it matter if its NVIDIA or ATI or whatever...can we just focus on the game ???!!! I am eagerly awaiting this game...yes I have farcry doom 3 and I will get HL2 and Stalker game is a game...sometimes people forget that.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Yup this will be a big release after HL2. Right now the game looks solid and has gr8 multi-player support.

Read abt the multi player preview @ THG

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Well Stalker by the way is scheduled for May 2005 release...which means the date got postponed from Jan 2005. Does it sound like another HL2 ? :)

DKant

In the zone
So the next h/w "outdater" is here...or will be. Hope it's more "flexible" than DIII in terms of h/w req. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom