SQL Server 2008 Installation Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Hi all,

Recently I had the need to install the above s/w. Its NOT the R2 version, just 2008.

ANyway, before installing, it gave an warning saying Win 8 had compatibility issues, but i continued.

now, during server instance creation, it should show a window like this: *www.symantec.com/connect/sites/default/files/u3098/4.png

however in my case, the Instance Config, Server Config, Database Engine Config, steps are simply not showing. its showing all the steps other than those three steps.

as a result, i am not able to connect with any DB after installation. :|

i tried with both x86 and x64 versions.

any solutions??

i am running Win 8 Professional x64 on an HP G6 2303TX laptop.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
searched a lot online about the issue, but none similar could be found. :\

anyway, now i am using sql server 2012 mgmt studio + engine without any issue.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
your installation might be creating default instance it self and let user select while installing so install with defaults and see if you can change that later.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Yeah > 2008 R2 works fine. Never tried 2008 on Win 8. 2008 used to work fine on Win 7.

yep.. it works fine on my friends' PCs runnign win 7 :(

your installation might be creating default instance it self and let user select while installing so install with defaults and see if you can change that later.

He"s right. You also make sure that services are running.

yeah about that, the thing is that the Services are not running. i checked in SQL Server Config Manager. there were no services running. but with SQL 2012, its fine now.

sksksksk

.:: un.Understandable ::.
Well, In your case, when you start your installation, the first step is "Setup Support rules".

In that, and list is showed, which displays which modules used by the software have Passed their installation process.

Just start the installation again, and make sure that none of the modules have "FAILED" status.

Its fine if you are having "NOT APPLICATION" status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom