@#$%^## spywares (i think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saketkutta

Broken In
hey guys i have got a problem with my pc.
plz help
i havent searched the forum for this prob coz of slow connection
i got a problem that a program (i dont no wht) stays on my taskbar (see in the pic its a green like "g" sign)
*img148.imageshack.us/img148/5712/17bh3.jpg

It constantly changes to a red stop sign like in this pic

*img247.imageshack.us/img247/5353/26hv1.jpg

and shows that i've got virus in my pc.

*img100.imageshack.us/img100/7936/36re.jpg

i tried scanning with antivirus and antispyware.
the prog has no process (it even opens itself in the safe mode)
well i deleted the files of spyware tht i could find.
canu help me gys
I am a kind of experianced pc user

and i wuld also format my pc if only.....
windows has downloaded so many security updates i dont want to loose them.
can u tell me where does it stores its setup files (then i can format my pc)
help me gys

well this isnt the place to post it but....,,. KING KONG runs on GEFORCE 2MX with amazing graphics (even the visual blur) but mouse sensitivily is high though

Thanks Gys
wating for help

navneeth_snr

Journeyman
Hi,

You can use the Pc-cillin 2006 Internet Security to fix them which is in April 06 DVD.

Also for the security updates, you can wait for the May Issue of Digit and they may bundle some of the latest updates in Autopatcher.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
firstly dont double post .. and next post your "Hijack This" log file here for the experts to see and help you out. google for Hijack this and dowload it. post its log file here then.

anandk

Distinguished Member
yes, run hijackthis and post ur logfile here or at www.hijackthis.de for analysis.

meanwhile till then, i can only suggest that u donwload, install, update and run 'ewido antimalware' in SAFE MODE.

OP
S

saketkutta

Broken In
thnx guys
but i formatted the comp today
and got digit after that
downlading hijack this for future problems
and well wht is the best program as antispyware cum antivirus cum all facilities , gives less load on ram and is new
well abt double posting its due to my connection probs
sorry for that

anandk

Distinguished Member
i suggest avast antivirus + adaware antiapyware + ewido antimalware.
all freeware.
while on the net u can use zone alarm firewall.

kayote

Broken In
MM.... zone alarm is good but to get all these u need the licensed version.. the free version doesnt not have the anti* included in it.
another insight... seems that zone alarm has the funny habit of sending the users browsing pattern to it parent company! zonealarm says it just communication for update, while the rest of the work does not!
maybe the israeli company that has acquired zonelab is getting nozzy!!!
Google for "zonealarm spying" and u get a hell lot of storiesss

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
U can use kerio personal firewall. To clean ur registry & temp folders U can use CCleaner from CCleaner.com. Its free and reliable. Cleaning the registry and temporary files is important step in improving security on ur system

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
get the latest version of Lavasoft AdAware & Norton 2006........even it is cable of removing certain kinds of spyware..........

with the lates updates, i guess they'll solve ur problems..........

47shailesh

Security Exp
USE NORTON INTERNET SECURITY OR ZONE ALARM these two are best in there own way. upagrade ur Ntivirus regularily use Spybot search and destroy,,, & Ad Aware in combination to get rid of malacious bots

Last edited:

47shailesh

Security Exp
shaunak said:
My personal combo
Zonealarm + spybot1.4 + avast!
why r u using Zone Alarm and Avast together it wud unnessarily increase cpu load and zone alarm standalone can b used for purpose u r using avast and later is not even effective than former.i wud suggest u to remove avast and use zone alarm & spybot search and destroy optionally u can use lavasoft Ad-aware too for better stability

abracadabra

Journeyman
saketkutta said:
thnx guys
wht is the best program as antispyware cum antivirus cum all facilities , gives less load on ram

Well no program is fool proof. U will have 2 make use of 2 to 3 different programs to be stable on the net. I guess ull be on dial up, if so follow the steps i had in place

.1. Use a firewall probably from Zone Alarm or Kerio Firewall. Please only install only one firewall solution.
.2. Use an Anti-Spware software atleast 2 different companies like Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware SE Personal, Microsoft AntiSpyware.
.3. Use a good Antivirus solution. My personal choice is AVG Antivirus Software.

Please do take the time to update these as new defintions are released very often. If u cannot download them try to fing\d the updates together with Digit CDs.

As for having Norton I wuld say a big NNNNOOO. Hell its heavy on the system resources

47shailesh

Security Exp
abracadabra said:
Well no program is fool proof. U will have 2 make use of 2 to 3 different programs to be stable on the net. I guess ull be on dial up, if so follow the steps i had in place

.1. Use a firewall probably from Zone Alarm or Kerio Firewall. Please only install only one firewall solution.
.2. Use an Anti-Spware software atleast 2 different companies like Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware SE Personal, Microsoft AntiSpyware.
.3. Use a good Antivirus solution. My personal choice is AVG Antivirus Software.

Please do take the time to update these as new defintions are released very often. If u cannot download them try to fing\d the updates together with Digit CDs.

As for having Norton I wuld say a big NNNNOOO. Hell its heavy on the system resources
again why r u suggesting using AVG if zone alarm has a far batter virus scanner than AVG.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Zonealarm Free ed.= CR@P. It doesnt remember ur preferences..keeps hassling everytime. BTW, if u have avast pro 4.7 running, the need for a Firewall is greatly reduced.

PS; Thats GREEN G icon is just the accessibility options of the control panel :D

shaunak

Tux Fan
47shailesh said:
why r u using Zone Alarm and Avast together it wud unnessarily increase cpu load and zone alarm standalone can b used for purpose u r using avast and later is not even effective than former.i wud suggest u to remove avast and use zone alarm & spybot search and destroy optionally u can use lavasoft Ad-aware too for better stability

imm using avast! and ze home thus avast dosnt have a firewall and ze dosnt have a antivirus.:D

swatkat

Technomancer
saketkutta said:
hey guys i have got a problem with my pc.
plz help
i havent searched the forum for this prob coz of slow connection
i got a problem that a program (i dont no wht) stays on my taskbar (see in the pic its a green like "g" sign)
*img148.imageshack.us/img148/5712/17bh3.jpg

It constantly changes to a red stop sign like in this pic

*img247.imageshack.us/img247/5353/26hv1.jpg

and shows that i've got virus in my pc.

*img100.imageshack.us/img100/7936/36re.jpg

i tried scanning with antivirus and antispyware.
the prog has no process (it even opens itself in the safe mode)
well i deleted the files of spyware tht i could find.
canu help me gys
I am a kind of experianced pc user

and i wuld also format my pc if only.....
windows has downloaded so many security updates i dont want to loose them.
can u tell me where does it stores its setup files (then i can format my pc)
help me gys

well this isnt the place to post it but....,,. KING KONG runs on GEFORCE 2MX with amazing graphics (even the visual blur) but mouse sensitivily is high though

Thanks Gys
wating for help
Hmmm...It could be one of the SpySheriff/SmitFraud variants. Download HijackThis and unzip it to dedicated folder. Then run it and click the button Do a System scan and save log file. It will give you a log file. Copy and paste the complete contents of that log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom