Splinter Cell series

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
@gameranand : you are not even that stealthy bro. cuz you have knocked out many enemies though not killed. And as vamsi said - "Real stealthy way of playing it is.. surpassing enemies without even touching", that would have been better.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
.=Pyro=. said:
@gameranand : you are not even that stealthy bro. cuz you have knocked out many enemies though not killed. And as vamsi said - "Real stealthy way of playing it is.. surpassing enemies without even touching", that would have been better.
Actually I don't don't like them to bother me so I just knock them out so that on my return for additional objectives or fooling around no one's there to bother me at all. I don't mind knocking out the whole enemies in a level if I can. Most of the times I knock them out even I don't need to do that. Its very fun for me grab a character and then interrogate him and then knock him out.

shantanu

Technomancer
Splinter cell, Hitman has been games of my choice. I have played every game in the series and liked each one of them. Stealth is the key which i love about these games. Splinter cell 6 is rumoured.

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
@gameranand - yeah man, i too used to knock out which were too much trouble but mostly i tried to avoid them
@shantanu - i hope sc6 becomes more stealthy, not like conviction. Conviction is a good game but it is not splinter cell. Splinter cell means fantastic stealth games.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
.=Pyro=. said:
@gameranand - yeah man, i too used to knock out which were too much trouble but mostly i tried to avoid them
Thats the difference between you and me. I actually go to them and grab and knock them out. LOL I don't even spare the sleeping once who are no threat to me at all.

shantanu said:
Splinter cell, Hitman has been games of my choice. I have played every game in the series and liked each one of them. Stealth is the key which i love about these games. Splinter cell 6 is rumoured.
After the criticism of conviction Ubisoft should learn like they did in AC series and don't fu(k up the next game in this series with more action oriented gameplay. I want Splinter Cell the way it was and the way it should be a stealth game not a action game.

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
Thats the difference between you and me. I actually go to them and grab and knock them out. LOL I don't even spare the sleeping once who are no threat to me at all.

After the criticism of conviction Ubisoft should learn like they did in AC series and don't fu(k up the next game in this series with more action oriented gameplay. I want Splinter Cell the way it was and the way it should be a stealth game not a action game.

hehe, that doesn't make any difference. they were sleeping before and now they are unconscious. pretty much the same.
Man, i wanna play chaos theory again, it is definitely the best game in the series.
yeah,right it should be a stealth game. good stealth titles come by hard enough, cant lose splinter cell. And put that black suit and nv goggle on fisher again, thats the way he is, how will people feel if mario will go around killing goombas in nanosuit.

shantanu

Technomancer
When I played double agent, I was stunned with the game play. All the versions actually, the gameplay , graphics and AI was awesome. Conviction turned the story and made sam a rouge agent working in revenge. I liked the idea, but gameplay was a bit unreal. Didnt like the Markers on walls telling me the objectives. :p

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Pyro said:
hehe, that doesn't make any difference. they were sleeping before and now they are unconscious. pretty much the same.
Man, i wanna play chaos theory again, it is definitely the best game in the series.
No its not the same when you go near then in loud noise they wake up when thay are unconscious they won't :)) . Double Agent is also pretty good but it encourages more killing.

shantanu said:
When I played double agent, I was stunned with the game play. All the versions actually, the gameplay , graphics and AI was awesome. Conviction turned the story and made sam a rouge agent working in revenge. I liked the idea, but gameplay was a bit unreal. Didnt like the Markers on walls telling me the objectives.
When you take everything from a man including his daughter and don't give a damn about him then this is what happens. You will understand story more precisely if you the whole series because somehow all are connected.

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
@shantanu
lol, projections on the walls were one of the cooler things in the game, it didn't interrupt gameplay at all.
And why are you saying its unreal, man, then you most probably don't like 85% of the game. Games aren't supposed to be real.Although I like realistic games like.... i dunno, far cry 2 was pretty realistic, anyways games are supposed to be enjoyed not gauged how real they are.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
pyro said:
lol, projections on the walls were one of the cooler things in the game, it didn't interrupt gameplay at all.
Well I completed the whole damn game but didn't noticed this at all.
shantanu said:
I liked the idea, but gameplay was a bit unreal.
Could you give some examples for that.

shantanu

Technomancer
ah , I have played splinter cell from the first edition itself. i know sam and sometimes it feels that the character is a part of me. To be say it back in the day i used to play hours and hours of splinter cell.

Well I completed the whole damn game but didn't noticed this at all.
Well if you didn't notice the projections, how the heck did you complete the game ?

@pyro : If you look at my post you will see that I am a Fan of this series. In conviction i felt that they made the game too easy. I don't remember the level but nearly at the end when we had to escape in a car, I walked past a swat guy and he didnt even notice me. ( week AI somehow )

@gameranand : The projections on the walls seemed a bit unreal to me. In my gaming mind it spoiled the gameplay for me somehow. It might have been cooler you some of you, but i didn't like it.

Just my opinion, but again I am a huge fan of this and can play the whole series again.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
shantanu said:
Well if you didn't notice the projections, how the heck did you complete the game ?
Well I have completed the game but can't remember a thing about these projections so no idea whether I liked that or not. Seems like its time to replay Double Agent.

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
^^
@gamranand - yeah man, projections were the ones who showed the objectives. you couldn't have played without them.they are in conviction not in double agent. I've uploaded the screenies, might as well post 'em -
*img849.imageshack.us/img849/6185/convictiongame201005090.jpg
*img585.imageshack.us/img585/2500/convictiongame201005310.jpg
(yeah, i know my gpu is lame)

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
shantanu said:
I am talking about conviction , Double agent didn't had these projection , loved that game.
Well thats why I was confused. I have played Double Agent. Played 1 or 2 mission of conviction on my friend's PC but never installed on my PC because stealth system were trimmed down. May be I'll play it just for the story of Sam Fischer.

pyro said:
@gamranand - yeah man, projections were the ones who showed the objectives. you couldn't have played without them.they are in conviction not in double agent. I've uploaded the screenies, might as well post 'em -
Got it bro.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Completed a mission again. Actually I complete a mission in about two days. Don't want this game to complete. :p
*www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/d0ca0882104984541d26f6124581907a7494d87f433daef8060f70614df814246g.jpg

*www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/c485ef76bfa6b39cb95b60ed474a8e6a84b4e43b141c09b36170b5b48b91bb5f6g.jpg

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
^^
man i really wanna play this game again. more so after checking the screenshots which are lying in the fraps screenshots folder. here are two of them. the dates are of july 2009. so it has been a long time -
*img69.imageshack.us/img69/1384/splintercell32010072016.jpg
*img52.imageshack.us/img52/8608/splintercell32010042918.jpg

And yeah man, you should play conviction even if its just for story. it is not a bad game, its pretty fun you just would have to consider it an action game. its like.. 30% stealth only

Top Bottom