Spider silk is is finally poised for commercialization because of recent technological breakthroughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

snap

Lurker
Should this go in technology news or here :chinscratch:

Source: Spider Silk Poised For Commercial Entry | March 3, 2014 Issue - Vol. 92 Issue 9 | Chemical & Engineering News

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Re: Spider silk is is finally poised for commercialization because of recent technological breakthro

Here comes the spidermaaan

orajwade

New to this forum
Re: Spider silk is is finally poised for commercialization because of recent technological breakthro

*media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/28/286660d17d90e12f06ae5dd326b2b25f0675c2b4_full.jpg

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Read the title you posted. It has the words "technological breakthroughs". Now figure where this thread should be. :p

On topic : This is great news. I am glad that they are implementing this during my lifetime.

What's fascinating is that they are mass producing the silk by putting spider genes in bacteria or silkworm.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl

*media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/28/286660d17d90e12f06ae5dd326b2b25f0675c2b4_full.jpg
*www.frockery.co.uk/wp/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/redheart.png

alicedavid

Right off the assembly line

Hello! I am quite amazed hearing this from the post and spider silk is world famous.:lol:

Flash

Lost in speed

Wow. Great news.
When i was in college, i made a presentation about "Spider Silk", as part of my curriculum before a class of 86 people (85 students + 1 HOD). :lol:

BTW, OP how did you find this news.. Are a regular reader in C&EN?

OP
snap

snap

Lurker

Reddit iirc :p ^^

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Did you guys see the date?

Flash

Lost in speed

:facepalm:

Btw, it's been found recently that "Limpet Teeth" is 5 times stronger than "Spider Silk".

Design News - Blog - UK Researchers Have Found the Strongest Biological Substance Ever Tested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom