Speakers for HT/PC

AmlanR

Right off the assembly line
Hellow Think Digit people!Em new here!:mrgreen:

i am vexxed with decision abt speakers as the title suggests

I use my PC of for gaming (30%) and high defination movies (70%)....
i have asus xonar DX running with a creative T6100 but lately my t6100 is giving up!
During gaming,it performs as it should but while viewing HD movies, if i exceed the volume by 50%,i hear loud cracks more likely "farts" from my subwoofer at lows and my centre cracks too!
i dont know its because of hardware limitations or i have damaged my drivers due to loud volumes or my sound card is at fault but more or less i have decided to give up these speakers and buy something worthy to match my needs

I am locked on to :

1. the Z 5500
2. Onkyo HT-S3300

but em clueless which one to choose

i hav reduced my gamin and now i only play major titles ( so expect 1 game every month or two) but i like to play CS once in a while
Never the less..i am stuck to high def BDRIPS (720ps and 1080Ps)...i watch atleast 7 movies in 7 days:mrgreen: and thus i would give priority to movie experience rather than gaming!music is once in a while cus i stick to my creative ep 830 for that....

i'd be glad if someone cud quote the price of HT 3300/HT 3100

More details if u require:
i like my sound to shake the glass windows and make my neighbours complain..and i like it a bit loud..(not much but say around 65-70% volume)
i prefer tight bass..my t6100 had such muddy bass,it was impossible to follow the dialogues during an action scene (but i read onkyo lacks volume :( )

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
S3300: Lot of connectivity options, superb for HTiB, support for latest decoders, very good audio quality This image says a lot: *g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-page/htr380r.jpg :)

If what you want is an all-rounder instead of something that can be as loud as you want, go for HTiB instead of PC speakers like Z-5500 or C gigaworks. To be frank, S3300 is not really meant for use with PC. It screams for multiple inputs. If you have a setup like a HDTV and a bluray player and a PS3, then S-3300 is the way to go.

z-5500: window shattering material, purely for powerful audio output. it's boomy and blasty. Perfect for PC gaming and movies. Seriously lacks in connectivity options (comparatively)

OP
A

AmlanR

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for the input desibond!

ok...i do not own any ps3 or xbox and dont expect to own one soon!so i guess connectivity wont be too big an issue!
blu ray?i download BDRips from the net and so blu ray player is also not much of a demand for me now.
this is my use:
for gaming,em gonna use my 24" LCD and for movies (1080p),i am gonna get my LED 46" connect it to my pc and use it....thats my use! :)
but what abt PC gaming in the HT 3300?

anyone?? :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom