Speaker Setup for my laptop

arjotsingh

Broken In
Hey guys
I wanted to ask for your advice on connecting speakers to my laptop.
I have two laptops, two Sony SA D10 4.1 speakers, Creative 2.1 speakers, and a corseca bluetooth speaker.
Now what I want to do is connect one Sony system and creative speaker system to one laptop at the same time to my laptop to make the audio config 6.2 type.
And other two systems to my other laptop.
So please tell me how i can go about it. I have searched for it online and found those audio splitter things. Can they do the job?
Thanks in advance

azvnoit

Journeyman
Sony SA D10 4.1 has 3.5mm connectivity option, I suppose, then you can connect them using 3.5mm splitter. This setup won't consider it as a 6.2 type, you'll have stereo experience. I tried this with a 5.1 and 2.0 speakers, then 5.1 provided surround sound while the 2.0 was always on stereo, so it wasn't exactly 7.1.
Other option is to get a sound card, I remember my old laptop having two 3.5 audio out ports and the driver software allowed to configure each separately and work simultaneously. Another option would be using an amplifier.

muditpopli

Broken In
1. Get one of these :
Amazon.in: Buy HDE USB 6 Channel 5.1 Surround External Sound Card for PC, Laptop & Note Online at Low Prices in India | HDE Reviews & Rating
Sewell Direct Sound Box External USB Sound Card 7.1 and: Amazon.in: Electronic
Using this u can connect your 4.1 system with your laptop with proper surround sound but the problem is 4.1 system doesn't divide output into subwoofer individually. U will not get proper 5.1 surround sound experience as you will not be able to divide outputs for subwoofer and centre individually using ur 2.1 system. I will recommend either sell both of them and get a 5.1 and connect it to the above mentioned sound card or just us 4.1 system with this sound card.

Top Bottom