Sp2 Or Sp1 Followed By Sp2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsbindra

Broken In
For Windows XP, is it necessary to load SP1 and the SP 2 or is it enough to load SP2 directly after fresh installation of Windows XP???
Thanx

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Instead of Installing SP2 after Installing XP, Its better to integrate SP2 directly into the XP Installation itself! Check Google for 'Slipstreaming SP2'.

OP
N

nsbindra

Broken In
Thanx guys for ur responses. I will create a bootable CD with SP2 integrated. Now after that i want to create a start point for a desired configuration of my PC. Like removal of Messenger 4.7, Installation of WMP11, IE7, Installation of JRE, flash etc. How do i create a Cd or DVD, after removing the Windows of the Crap and installing my other favourite programmes, which i can use as an image to start the next time around, whenever i vneed to format my computer.

What o u guys suggest. What shud be removed from a fresh install of Windows and what shud be added to create the image before burning the CD.

And how to burn this image and how to use this image.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ "nLite" can help you in removing unwanted items and unattended installation. You can remove any item which you want but don't remove one which you are not sure. You can see its description in right side pane and then can decide to remove it or not. You can get nLite from here:

nLite: Customize Windows XP Setup and Remove Unwanted Components

Regarding to adding software in Setup, its a bit complex task. You can use unattended guide at msfn for it. Another way is once install Windows and then all required software and then create an image using "Acronis True Image" which you can use any time you format Windows. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom