source code generator

Hello guys. Is there any software that can generate the source code of any file?
A friend of mine recommended using "resource hacker", using which I could open some dll files but was unable to change or modify it.I also could not open any other type of files(I have not tried all types of files).Please help.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
That's really not possible. Otherwise everyone would have generated and modified source code from all the applications that we are using.

Resource Hackers is diff. thing, but will not do what actually you are trying to do.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You could google for, "reverse engineering". But as krishnandy said, it's not possible to reverse engineer most of the apps.

Resource hacker doesn't give you source code, but using that you can hack many aspects of an application. Like, you can change the letters of "Start" on Win XP, by opening explorer.exe in Resource hacker. But you definitely can't get the "source code" from that!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@amrutansu garanaik: Resource Hacker is a windows tweaking tool to tweak registry settings etc...
hence,it won't generate source code...

& opening .dll & .exe files to view codes need depth of knowledge in "Reverse-Engineering"...

google is the best tool for that.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
U can access source code of free and opensource software from sourceforge.net but for closed source licensed software it dont seems possible..

Top Bottom