sound gets disabled in between & slow booting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninad_mhatre85

Journeyman
hi

i am facing strange problem most of the times in my PC theme changes to windows classic one for a moment then back to XP`s default theme after that i audio gets disabled i mean i cant listen to music though i can watch movies but without sound but still i can hear sound of clicks or ping when i enter wrong command in run box
when i click on volume control it shows me following image

*i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/zeddexx/error.jpg

also another problem is that my PC takes long time to start ( i mean i can start my work ) like when i click on ff to open it hangs for 30-35 sec nothing happens in that time and vsmon.exe takes 50% of my CPU i have only required programs in startup but i have oracle 9i installed on my PC.
my config is
amd 64 bit 4000+
2gb ram

i can simply reinstall the XP but i want to know why this is happening ?

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
can be due to irq conflict or a driver problem, unistall ur sound card driver and relocate ur card in the pci slot.if sound card is onboard try removing other cards such as pci modems and see....

Edit: First try disabling zone alarm firewall if u hav one.
*jeeezelouise.wordpress.com/2006/12/15/vsmonexe-chewing-up-the-cpu/

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
i think recently you installed XP, this error comes if

1. improper audio drivers are installed for sound card, most of the guys ( who had no idea exactly about their sound card manufacturer) will bring some update drivers from net or cd's and installed those,but some of them don't match

2. IRQ conflict, do what above zyber said

OP
ninad_mhatre85

ninad_mhatre85

Journeyman
its on board card i dont have any other cards installed on system ..drivers i use for sound card are those that came with mobo CD i will try to get new drivers for my sound card.

@zyberboy
thanx that zone alarm thing worked for me it was related to email protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom