SOPA - the Death of internet as we Know!

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
In less than 4 hours Wikipedia(en) is going to shut down!
*linxbot.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/2012-01-18-075616_1280x800_scrot.png?w=600&h=375

sygeek

Technomancer
Google is also going for a campaign against SOPA/PIPA on January 18th, but it won't be a blackout.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I actually liked the way wikipedia is going through the blackout.

Instead of just shutting down its website, they DO open the articles, for a brief moment. And THEN direct to a black screen. Kind of has a greater impact. :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
BTW.. if you turn off javascripts then the wiki page will open and the blackout page will not appear, I am using noscripts to block wiki's scripts.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Who talked about reliance?
But yeah we know how big a-holes are they.
That's the reason for me to boycott Don 2.

sygeek

Technomancer
Seems like Quora is also doing a campaign against SOPA. Wikipedia users, this is your next resort for today.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
To stop piracy why do want to almost kill the internet?Imagine if it happens?How will be life without Facebook(Which is anyways very boring), YouTube..And most of all Google..Google is so important we have done so many projects using Google, Infact i even used its translator for my hindi easy :p.
And now India without understanding any thing,they want to block google,fb and some 21 other websites.Wheres are Right to Speech?Arent we in a democratic country?Not an,Hitlers World

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
[YOUTUBE]JhwuXNv8fJM[/YOUTUBE]

*d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/1932218_700b.jpg

*d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/1926768_460s.jpg

Siddhartha_t69

Journeyman
It seems, Obama just saved the internet...

Obama spikes anti-piracy SOPA over DNSSEC - Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), security, Obama Administration, internet security - CSO | The Resource for Data Security Executives

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Come on,If they do block or censor the internet,remove websites like youtube etc??What on earth will people do?Whats the use of the net?Maybe 2012s not the end of the world but end of the internet??I hope they dont do it

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
My wordpress site has participated in stop 'SOPA'

*linxbot.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/workspace-1_001.png?w=600&h=375

Top Bottom