SOPA - the Death of internet as we Know!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If the picture given by vaithy here has any credibility, I would too like SOPA to win. :evil:
Oh man, its terrifying to imagine the state of USA if the bill passes.

But it ain't going to be easy. Just like GoDaddy withdraw its support from SOPA (atleast in written), after it realized how much damage it can do in just a fortnight, the companies which are supporting SOPA, will realize eventually. With an only exception, that damage will already be done.

Btw, here's an infographic by mashable, which explains the bill in a easy language,
*6.mshcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/americancensorship.jpg
And for the record, this is the list of SOPA supporters.

SOPA Supporters

from All the Companies Supporting SOPA, the Awful Internet Censorship Law—and How to Contact Them

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
USki maaki aankh...

So US congress is also like Indian Congress adamant, playing to riches, selfish
Etc

I personally think piracy does not hurt that much to this companies. MW3 made 400million in fisrt 24 hours of launch and cross 1 bl in just 16 days... So they made lots of money... And the game still was pirated hugely. They would not have made money if piracy is big problem.

For Reliance no word man. They just want to "Karlo duniya mutthi mein" and who are people. They are just bhed bakariya. Breed them, feed them, and butcher them whenever you want.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
what actually going to happening is (already happened with present DMCA ) first the MAFIA (USA Movie industry) RIAA (recording industry) have to submit some sort of list that they want to block.. so, an agent appointed by them (probably a local police officer) will go to google and type 'GOD' there you see millions of 'GOD' .. So he look out any infringement there.. hey there is , "Near you thee.. GOD!" a song appear in a Hollywood film which is watched in you tube..that is enough for him.. He will simply copy the page of linked list and print it, then same will be shown to the judge. for the judge to sign one song is enough ; so he will simply signed on the DOTTED line which MAFIA produced. Now it is the duty of MAFIA to raid the sites they wanted and confiscated,even arrested,( a nominal taking down notice will be issued beforehand, so the legal technicality completed) since most of the site owner will be in foreign countries, the USA web hosting company will simply confiscated the site , hand over entire domain to Home land Security, which was created for OSAMA bin laden, but now haunting down thousands of teenagers,arresting them...
the problems in the current legislation is , even for a site which the MAFIA didn't owned the copyright (thus they assigned to public Domain, (copyright expired,issued under creative commons license etc.,).

One good outcome will be, that in case of SOPA legalised, then the INTERNET giants, Google, Yahoo,Mozilla, Amazon, ebay all will quit USA, but shifted their base to EUROPE even to India and philipines and East Asian countries....

next stage, USA will be cut out from the rest of the world, since all the world powers will create another section of internet without USA. Europe has already warn this to be a next stage..

It seem , history is repeating in a reverse way.. when Hitler,burned millions Jews, many escaped and moved to other countries,(USA is one of them) and that countries prospered..

this time MAFIA is already takeover entire congress and Senate, (the president is now a toothless tiger) and implementing the theories from their master's 'meinKemp"

perhaps I may be selfish.. i want SOPA should win.. so the USA companies migrated to India.. howZZZISTAT!!!

Exactly my reaction.. is this bill gets though, other countries will benefit from the migration..

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
Traditionally universities networks are enjoying, immunity to be prosecuted for infringement of copyrighted works, in the USA.. However this bill will take away, and bring them under them..
Rep. Jared Polis (D-CO), the only member of Congress present at the hearing with any tech experience, having founded several web companies, introduced two amendments: one to exclude universities and non-profits from being subject do having to shut down their own domain servers if accused of piracy under SOPA, and the other to exempt dynamic IP addresses, such as those found on web-enabled printers. Both were voted down.

This implication is simple.. some of the students may access some copyrighted work paper and downloaded for his research,(as many students are using the University networks,proxy server for their work,.. universities will lose their Domain (presently confiscated Domains are handed to GoDady, that is the reason they support the Bill)

Even for wrong seizures, the bill protect the media industries, and to the victims nothing!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
And, now Wikipedia also dropped out from GoDaddy!
Source: *www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/12/sopa-support-sees-wikipedia-dump-godaddy/

*edge.alluremedia.com.au/m/g/2011/12/jwales-640x360.jpg

I know, some people are going to be proud that their donations are going to the right place! :D

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
Hi charan!
Instead of boycotting "GoDady" use your money to threat them,that you will withdraw from the future transaction(unless they give the commitment to stop supporting SOPA)."threat is more powerful, than the deathly weapon".. I am a novice in such matter.. please clarify, even after you,renew your account with them, you can still transfer to some others ?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hi charan!
Instead of boycotting "GoDady" use your money to threat them,that you will withdraw from the future transaction(unless they give the commitment to stop supporting SOPA)."threat is more powerful, than the deathly weapon".. I am a novice in such matter.. please clarify, even after you,renew your account with them, you can still transfer to some others ?
Yes, you can transfer even after renewing the account, but you still gotta pay, I use it only for a single email ID which I use. I had paid approx 1.5K for the domain name+making the domain private.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
'Filthy rich' man's world (laws/govt bend to them).

Court Order Blocks BitTorrent, Megaupload and More | TorrentFreak

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
GoDaddy style boycott of Don 2, any reliance movie, and their ISP please. Can Twitter and FB do something good? :/

sukesh1090

Adam young
lolz...i am able to open the btjunkie and piratebay in my mobile with RELIANCE 2G connection.those reliance morons don't know that these blockings are not going to work.
I have a nice idea to oppose this,everyone stop going to theatre to watch the don2 movie but watch the movie for sure by downloading it.like this we can kick their **s.lets how they will stop us.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have already decided not to watch Don 2.
Boycotting Reliance.

Wait.. isn't Big Cinema's of Reliance! :(

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
'Filthy rich' man's world (laws/govt bend to them).

Court Order Blocks BitTorrent, Megaupload and More | TorrentFreak

That is very funny! Both Reliance Entertainment and Reliance communications is same ownership companies...one hand is trying to cut another hand...
Where is the link for court's order..googled show nothing!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Vaithy, this is the third or fourth time this year they have done this , and i don't know what kind of judge gives out these orders. IT/internet illiterate people should not have right to judge such cases, neither should we have IT ministers of these kind.

But hey, if a 10th fail guy can become education minister (Puducherry) in India and get caught cheating in his 10th supplementary exam; 2012 will start from India.

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
^^ Vaithy, this is the third or fourth time this year they have done this , and i don't know what kind of judge gives out these orders..

Please don't pass harsh judgement on Indian Judges, our jurisprodence has been very distinct from western (particularly USA) powers..It is based on' innocent until proven guilty" where as in USA it is Vice versa.."guilty until proven innocent"

In USA any body accused anything and court will process the case,on the basis of accuser.. it is for the dependent to prove their innocent.. but in India, the duty is on accuser to prove the dependent's guiltiness..
So I am actually thinking,.. reliance may have some sort of cooked up story about some non- existence order, or based on some order which is totally different from the current case, to scare the torrent users...if they have actually a court order,, copy will be forwarded to all the ISP.. in case of BSNL if such order received, they will seek the law ministry's opinion, or the Govt appointed lawyers( all the standing counsels of Central Govt lawyers are also empaneled lawyers of BSNL)

So Let us call the flop!
can somebody provided the copy of the order ? or some news ?

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Please don't pass harsh judgement on Indian Judges, our jurisprodence has been very distinct from western (particularly USA) powers..It is based on' innocent until proven guilty" where as in USA it is Vice versa.."guilty until proven innocent"
Wrong. Absolutely wrong. Who told you this?
If anything it's the reverse.

In any place, it's the rich and the biggies who have control over the judiciary be it India, or the US of A.

Reliance has explicitly mentioned Delhi High court, no way they'll be lying.

Let's face it, Indian judges are a load of shite; no way better than their American counterparts.

Top Bottom