SOPA - the Death of internet as we Know!

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
Wrong. Absolutely wrong. Who told you this?
If anything it's the reverse.

In any place, it's the rich and the biggies who have control over the judiciary be it India, or the US of A.

Reliance has explicitly mentioned Delhi High court, no way they'll be lying.

Let's face it, Indian judges are a load of shite; no way better than their American counterparts.

I study Constitution of India, for writing my promotion examination..than Prof.Majumdar's commentary on Constitution law// I am not a Lawyer.. but for a service matter, I fought a losing battle in Central Administrative Tribunal, both in Bangaloru and later in chennai, and four years I was running the Highcourt Buildings for justice..that too with out a lawyer and 'party in person'..Get a favourable order, So mine is from experience.. because If some judges are Blacksheep doen't means every body is Black sheep" (I took 'Logic' in my one of Elective in my PUC course) so please analyses the case without any emotion overtook you...
If we accept your logic even in 2 G scam , not a single person will be arrested, because they are rich and powerful...

our law may be slow, but it work!

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
American judges are politicians.

The can and are often influenced lol. But they exercise the power to detain in contempt more often than Indian Judges, and also often have more power than Indian judges.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
ESA Members And SOPA: Where They Stand | Rock, Paper, Shotgun: I think I can hear 2012 spooling up like a chaingun or something

A list of companies supporting SOPA or not.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Saw that earlier. But I don't see any point in some of the companies not supporting SOPA.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Please don't pass harsh judgement on Indian Judges

I don't know jack about what is the role of Judge, does he need to follow the books or does he make decisions based upon the points put up by lawyers. And in such cases who is defending file sharing sites, if no one then how does the system decide?
Don't know all this but this is what I think :

My point is , most judges are old and experienced but the internet is a very new thing. Judges from that generation do not know how it functions or how it should. A request from Reliance to stop piracy of their product makes sense, but the way they want to handle it is moronic and this should be understood by the judge (primarily the lawmakers), you can not block the entire bunch of services because they may contain the pirated product in question. We do not block entire array of telecom providers because someone keeps getting death threats on his/her phone.

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ +1. Those old people don't know a thing about this who make these decesions. I was thinking to go to theatre to watch don2 but now good bye to that.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Mainstream media are supporting this- why wouldn't they?

This doesn't look good for the time being. 24th Jan is gonna be a crazy crazy day...

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
We'll do a China, Delhi HC warns Facebook and Google - Hindustan Times

Can block websites like China, Delhi High Court warns Facebook, Google

"Like China, we will block all websites," Justice Suresh Kait told the counsel for Facebook and Google India. The court asked them to devise a mechanism to keep a check on "offensive and objectionable" material and remove such content from their web pages.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
IF they do go the China way, than a lot more protesters will come out than the Anna Hazare campaign..as most of the literate Indians not present in the protests were following it on FB and Twitter :p

I don't know why does the government act like they are representing the country when they aren't :X..It's like saying to a homeless "We know what you want and we know how to do it, you just abide by our rules and WE shall triumph" while the homeless is, well, homeless...:|

I am already abstaining from voting in the coming UP elections as there isn't a party which is literate(literally) BSP trying to give a ticket to a felon(who is currently serving a 10 year jail term, seriously?) and the rest who are a bit better, compared to the others, will eventually bow down to the Mai Baaps :X

Last edited:
OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
I was considering posting another thread but since members has already used the thread as both of them are in the same lines," the rise of third Rich" what originally started in USA are now a global movement, it seem Emergency is now returning to India, in some other form..I have high regard for our Judiciary, but this shattered whole of my argument.. in Emergency our Judiciary was a 'Victim" but here they are a facilitator for a authoritarian state... If the judge in question equate the 'Authoritarian state china with India, than he is tresspassing his power.. Because his power is come from the Constitution Of India, which declared India as Social Democratic Republic, by his own words, he is now committing a treason against India and its people...

Perhaps.. this may be our last post, if emergency returned, you might find this whole of this site in 'Black painted( even it is a technological site.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
I still have firm belief in the Judiciary as a whole..Especially the Supreme Court, we have had sane decisions being given by them..Let's wait it out and see how the event unfolds..Right to freedom on the Internet is one of the basic rights for the modern youth(considering how helpful it is, tdf for example :p)

sygeek

Technomancer
Just noticed this thread. Well here's something useful:

DNS Evasion Add-on against SOPA - *addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/desopa/

Install it already.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
I was considering posting another thread but since members has already used the thread as both of them are in the same lines," the rise of third Rich" what originally started in USA are now a global movement, it seem Emergency is now returning to India, in some other form..I have high regard for our Judiciary, but this shattered whole of my argument.. in Emergency our Judiciary was a 'Victim" but here they are a facilitator for a authoritarian state... If the judge in question equate the 'Authoritarian state china with India, than he is tresspassing his power.. Because his power is come from the Constitution Of India, which declared India as Social Democratic Republic, by his own words, he is now committing a treason against India and its people...

Perhaps.. this may be our last post, if emergency returned, you might find this whole of this site in 'Black painted( even it is a technological site.

:lol:
*wears tinfoil hat*

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I don't know jack about what is the role of Judge, does he need to follow the books or does he make decisions based upon the points put up by lawyers. And in such cases who is defending file sharing sites, if no one then how does the system decide?
Don't know all this but this is what I think :

My point is , most judges are old and experienced but the internet is a very new thing. Judges from that generation do not know how it functions or how it should. A request from Reliance to stop piracy of their product makes sense, but the way they want to handle it is moronic and this should be understood by the judge (primarily the lawmakers), you can not block the entire bunch of services because they may contain the pirated product in question. We do not block entire array of telecom providers because someone keeps getting death threats on his/her phone.
yes, great point.

I also don't think this country has that many senior citizens, or rather citizens (in general) who actually understand technology and these things.

Vaithy is an exception.

Top Bottom