Sony Xperia ZR or Samsung Galaxy S4

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Here you go:
[Stock Rom][LB/UB] Xperia ZR 4.3 10.4.B.0.101 INDIAN Pre-Rooted Flashable Zip & Dual Recovery [Indian Variant] - xda-developers

OP
N

Newtech123

Right off the assembly line

It is hard to believe that Samsung would do nothing and keeping rolling messed up S4's even in the units manufactured in 2014. I mean its against common sense.

Once you know that there is a manufacturing defect in a mobile all future productions of that model should take care not to repeat the mistakes . How can they knowingly still roll out defective pieces.

unless we are misinformed and the issue has been taken care of.

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go:
[Stock Rom][LB/UB] Xperia ZR 4.3 10.4.B.0.101 INDIAN Pre-Rooted Flashable Zip & Dual Recovery [Indian Variant] - xda-developers

Thank you will have to go over it in a detailed manner and see if I can understand what he is saying ,
Hope I can rely on you and everyone here to guide me in case I do not understand something.

Prima facie some steps look pretty challenging at least for a first timer

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Errr... I am not very sure if I can guide you step by step as I have my own doubts.

I got that a few months back but due to already accumulated installs and customisations I never got around to finally doing it in my phone.

That is the reason I advise you to do it first even before doing anything with your phone. Once you have set it up and begun using, it may not be easy to change the software.

Ok, first of all Samsung phones are easier to root than Sony phones (don't know current status)

First time i entered the world of rooting, was with Galaxy Y. I used a video tutorial to root. Then just by reading instructions, i rooted my S2. Same with my nexus 4 (my N4 was tough to root)

Samsung phones have unlocked bootloader & a stock recovery mode which makes it easier to root, compared to Sony, nexus devices, etc

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Samsung phones are easy to root, man can't agree more on this. It's basically a two minutes process. While I had to waste half an hour or more to root my hTC M7! Terrible process.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Before we start thinking that the price of S5 will come down , consider the rippling effect it will have on S3 and S4
S3 @flipkart 20,000
S4@flipkart 31190( White )
s5@flipkart 37600

So if S5 were to come to 30000, then S4 would be ? S3 could be?

Its unlikely that S3 will be much lower.
Anyway any price cheaper than the configuration shown below seems too good to be true

S3 =15000 ( Can S3 ever fall below this ?)
S4 =20K-25K
S5 = 25k -30k

We cannot have S4 and S5 at the same price .

Please share your hypothetical prospective prices for all the 3 models few years down the line.

- - - Updated - - -

Sling shot thank you, can you please direct me towards Ralph_waldo , please post the link.
Storage issue is the main problem with ZR if only we could move apps to SD card then its a very good choice.

Have you thought how they slash prices so rapidly low price means bad quality of material used even they sometime compromises on camera.
I was wondering why galaxy Y when newly lunched was priced at 7.8k after one year they were selling same phone for 5k I compare both my younger brother phone(7k) and my friends phone(5k) I was shocked to see that my younger brother phone was much better in terms of build quality and screen quality and my friends looks like a toy made of cheap plastic even nokia does it.Even you people can compare your phones with your friends and see what I mean.
So moral of the story is
It is better to buy a new phone within your budget rather than waiting for price drop.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Before we start thinking that the price of S5 will come down , consider the rippling effect it will have on S3 and S4
S3 @flipkart 20,000
S4@flipkart 31190( White )
s5@flipkart 37600

So if S5 were to come to 30000, then S4 would be ? S3 could be?

Its unlikely that S3 will be much lower.
Anyway any price cheaper than the configuration shown below seems too good to be true

S3 =15000 ( Can S3 ever fall below this ?)
S4 =20K-25K
S5 = 25k -30k

We cannot have S4 and S5 at the same price .

Please share your hypothetical prospective prices for all the 3 models few years down the line.

its very simple bro

when s5 comes at 30k

s4 wouldbe 23k

s3 will be discontinued now and replaced by S3 neo..

Samsung I9301I Galaxy S3 Neo - Full phone specifications

which could go to 18k price point

- - - Updated - - -

At the rate the price is decreasing for S5, if you wait some time maybe you can buy that...
It's already down from 50k to 37k in little over a month... :)

price is down so fast because it was overpriced from the start and samsung is making room for Galaxy S5 prime which will launch for 47-49k

s5 price has already dropped , now it will stabilize at 35k for the next 3-4 months atleast

- - - Updated - - -

If that happens, HTC would be doomed for sure this time............... as Sony would surely reduce its price but not HTC (it's one big stubborn company, i was hoping that Lenovo would buy it)

HTC is improving man look at desire 816 pricing... the new co ceo is good...

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Galaxy S5 available for 34.5k from univercell... Talk about it reaching 30k, at this rate it may dip well under it...
Any bets on it reaching 25k???

sushovan

In the zone
Galaxy S5 available for 34.5k from univercell... Talk about it reaching 30k, at this rate it may dip well under it...
Any bets on it reaching 25k???

Not Before Samsung discontinues S3 and Note 2 and S4(28K currently) gets a massive price cut along with Note 4 Launch.

Top Bottom