Sony Xperia M/M Dual discussion

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
So guys Does XM has a heating issue ? One of my friend reported heating after 25 min of use [not gaming]

Yes, M does have heating issues and it is above average, so it would be counter productive adding an enclosed case.

geekyraj

Broken In
after 4 months of waiting for prices to come down, finally ordered XM(purple) from flipkart for Rs 11279/-. :cloud9:
waiting eagerly.
have some queries:
1. heard that update is availible for XM. are their any improvements. should I update it right after receiving it.
2. it uses micro sim. :cry: I wanted to use its sim with micromax dongle too for internet.
3. suggest me which case and USB OTG should i buy with price. would also buy 8 Gb sandisk memory card class 10 from Nehru place.

being newbie I would not root or swap it if its not simple. as I am not going to install big games. small games would be sufficient for me. is there any one click rooting solution available for XM now??

*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2430046

is this method simple and safe. can't understand steps "B-busybox C-reboot" why they are needed?
also what is this bootloader unlockeble problem? on this site its mentioned that anytime I can unroot it by repairing my phone with SUS. please someone explain all these things.

Last edited:

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Guys post your XM heating experiences and the cause of heating :banghead:

yes it is a mini induction stove from day 1 NO---from the time i switched it on....
5 mins camera = hot
full brightness = hot
led on = hot
browsing 15min = hot
and more heating experiences are available

after 4 months of waiting for prices to come down, finally ordered XM(purple) from flipkart for Rs 11279/-. :cloud9:
waiting eagerly.
have some queries:
1. heard that update is availible for XM. are their any improvements. should I update it right after receiving it.
2. it uses micro sim. :cry: I wanted to use its sim with micromax dongle too for internet.
3. suggest me which case and USB OTG should i buy with price. would also buy 8 Gb sandisk memory card class 10 from Nehru place.

being newbie I would not root or swap it if its not simple. as I am not going to install big games. small games would be sufficient for me. is there any one click rooting solution available for XM now??

*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2430046

is this method simple and safe. can't understand steps "B-busybox C-reboot" why they are needed?
also what is this bootloader unlockeble problem? on this site its mentioned that anytime I can unroot it by repairing my phone with SUS. please someone explain all these things.

yes update it it is good
use mocro sim to sim converter tray
use ur phone itself as dongle

geekyraj

Broken In
Root method is the most common one. I used frameroot(gandalf). It takes approx 30 seconds and 3-4 taps to root, at the most.
Its updated to latest firmware (the one which fixes blueish tinge in camera)
Dont want to swap memories, too risky for me... many people managed it very well,but there are rare cases where people have soft bricked their phones...
hi mikael .. i just wanted to know is rooting with frameroot(gandalf) is sufficent for removing (preinstalled)apps like Sony Live.? on forum.xda-developers.com it says that "its Half root u will be having reboot if u try to edit system app.." I don't wand to swap my SD. just want to uninstall unnecessary app.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
hi mikael .. i just wanted to know is rooting with frameroot(gandalf) is sufficent for removing (preinstalled)apps like Sony Live.? on forum.xda-developers.com it says that "its Half root u will be having reboot if u try to edit system app.." I don't wand to swap my SD. just want to uninstall unnecessary app.

You will gain nothing after removing it. Just freeze it to save RAM, nothing more.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
just bought xperia M Dual.Please suggest me some good screen guard which available online at less price

online?
went to a local shop, got a "UN1QUE" brand scratchguard (150-200rs) and it is awesome and no scratches, would you believe it?
since 2 months

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Cyanogenmod 11 on the way for Xperia M.. As of now, only some minor bugs remain.. everything else working NFC, Camera, GPS etc etc..
Ill install it as soon as it goes stable

Roshan9415

Broken In
Guys please suggest me where I can buy nfc tag in less price for my sony xm.On ebay, price of 5piece of nfc tag is 400.

How much battery drain if I always on the NFC and GPS?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The only downside for this phone is that it needs to charged after 1 day only where as Nokia phones need not be charged for even 2-3days.

Top Bottom