Sony Xperia M/M Dual discussion

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-_6_l4oncei0/UnSy09D6_CI/AAAAAAAAAZo/j-OG7G-TK7w/w401-h534-no/DSC_0076.jpg
Using the Sandisk UHS Class 10 SD Card on Xperia M. Should work on M Dual too

Swapped Internal and External . So i currently have 14.6Gb Internal memory. performance is fast. Getting around 34Mbps read speed. When i boot up my phone, the "scanning external Sd card" notification doesn't even show. Yup its that fast :)

heard from users that after some days of use in stock rom..it is lagging often

Been over a month, no probs apart from the small niggles like Wifi activating automatically when i lose 2G network (i am on 2G)
When extreme gaming, the camera area gets really hot. I hoped the heat will be more evenly spread out like my older phones. Once my friend was playing games on my phone, he suddenly panicked and gave the phone back to me cuz he touched the camera part and freaked out at the tremendous concentration of heat in that particular area. He thought he spoiled the phone :D That friend has never used an Android so.... heheh

No body in TDF has posted the personal review of XM :facepalm:

yet :twisted:

Maybe because
1) its a budget phone so its not worth the trouble of writing a review
2) its such a no brainer that its a MUST BUY at this price point :)

ashs1

Padawan
thinkdigit's top 10 list ( budget) often amuses me..its usually has mobiles from karbonn, lava, videocon, spice, zen ( wtf ? ).. :lol:

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
XPERIA M/M DUAL buddies, is there a font size option in settings?
MOST IMP: how is the call speaker(earpiece) volume and the loudspeaker(back) volume?
should i buy it? or lumia 520?
I want to buy this for my dad but he's asking for bigger fonts(like the lumia 520 or wp8)
I'm thinking of getting M DUAL, and will use only one sim mostly so can i use it as a single sim (means no second sim dailer button in dailer and second sim signal bar) means should be like a single sim xperia m...

and hows the camera quality and battery life? and lag? like dailer not responding sometimes? heat?

especially this *talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-M-M-dual/SONY-XPERIA-M-getting-hot/td-p/361844

"And yes, i used the same test conditions at the same time for my colleague's Micromax 116HD and all the time his phone never breached 35 degrees centigrade. I suppose that phone having bigger screen and more pixels to push and 4 cores to run shouldve run hotter than mine . Felt like a fool for buying a brand :smileysad: .... he was literally laughing at me :smileysad:"

Last edited:

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
There is an option for changing don't size is display and as for lag, none that I have encountered.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
There is an option for changing don't size is display and as for lag, none that I have encountered.

this? Xperia M has bluish tint on display and excessive ... - Support forum

and
how is the call speaker(earpiece) volume and the loudspeaker(back) volume?
and hows the camera quality and battery life?
heat?

shreymittal

Being Human
this? Xperia M has bluish tint on display and excessive ... - Support forum

and
how is the call speaker(earpiece) volume and the loudspeaker(back) volume?
and hows the camera quality and battery life?
heat?

Earpiece and loudspeaker are good. Camera quality is good I can't say it's the best but it will do the job. Battery life is impressive my sis is using M with full day wifi/3G Data On, calls (u know girls), it last a full day

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Earpiece and loudspeaker are good. Camera quality is good I can't say it's the best but it will do the job. Battery life is impressive my sis is using M with full day wifi/3G Data On, calls (u know girls), it last a full day

>can you hear (and does the other person hear what you are speaking0 in a crowd/temple with loud sounds...
>heating?
>that blue tint in display and camera?
>hows durability compared to lumia 520 (drops/falls)
>should i go for m or m dual
> will the rubberized back peel after a year if i scratch it badly?

shreymittal

Being Human
>can you hear (and does the other person hear what you are speaking0 in a crowd/temple with loud sounds...
>heating?
>that blue tint in display and camera?
>hows durability compared to lumia 520 (drops/falls)
>should i go for m or m dual
> will the rubberized back peel after a year if i scratch it badly?

Yup I can hear in crowd.
Heating Only while playing Dead Trigger.
Blue tint is not a problem.
I don't have 520. But built quality is the best in its class for drops and fall get a silicone cover.
Rubberized back. After a month usage I think it won't. Why would you scratch it badly??
You should go for Xperia M because of better battery life

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Yup I can hear in crowd.
Heating Only while playing Dead Trigger.
Blue tint is not a problem.
I don't have 520. But built quality is the best in its class for drops and fall get a silicone cover.
Rubberized back. After a month usage I think it won't. Why would you scratch it badly??
You should go for Xperia M because of better battery life

What do you mean by blue tint is not a problem?
Is it visible on screen and on camera

I heard some autofocus issue in M
Rubberised back after a year? I have sharp nails, or something like dragging the phone on a rough surface
Should I buy black or white or PURPLE??

Will buy tomorrow depending on your answers

shreymittal

Being Human
What do you mean by blue tint is not a problem?
Is it visible on screen and on camera

I heard some autofocus issue in M
Rubberised back after a year? I have sharp nails, or something like dragging the phone on a rough surface
Should I buy black or white or PURPLE??

Will buy tomorrow depending on your answers

Just go and buy it and you'll not regret. I got the purple on as it looks more classy and sexy also get a silicone cover & screen protector too.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Try to negotiate from local shops..I got it for 13.5K with screen guard and cover otherwise go with eBay seller must be high rated.

amazon.in is giving for 11k only...
but only black and white colors and im confused which color to buy as purple is not available
that too univerCell is seller but local "Univercell" shops are quoted higher...
im in chennai where can i get locally for near 11.3k?

shreymittal

Being Human
amazon.in is giving for 11k only...
but only black and white colors and im confused which color to buy as purple is not available
that too univerCell is seller but local "Univercell" shops are quoted higher...
im in chennai where can i get locally for near 11.3k?

Then get black one as white will get dirty very fast.
11K is a steal dude get it right now.

Top Bottom