Sony Vaio Laptop not booting. HELP!

abhi_shake

Broken In
I have a Sony Vaio E series laptop bought this september, so its pretty new. Last night its battery ran out, and it automatically went to hibernate mode. After that I put it on charge. Now when I hit the power button it doesn't power on. The wireless, power and cpu lights all come on, but the screen remains blank. I have tried pressing the power button so that it becomes off and then turned it on again. It gives the same stuck state. I have tried removing and then putting the RAM back, powering it on, but there is no change. The capslock and numlock keys don't turn on when pressed. So it is kind of in a "coma" state, where only the wireless, power and cpu lights are on and the screen is blank.

Any ideas you guys have as to how I can correct this?

debarshi

Otaku
Just try and connect it to an external display, to see if something is showing, preferably to HDMI

I had kinda same problem, where, after connecting to VGA port of Dell Laptop, the display of my laptop was gone for almost 2 weeks before it the problem was gone automatically(I still dont know what happened)

OP
abhi_shake

abhi_shake

Broken In
Well that occured to me as well. I connected the laptop to my TV with an HDMI cable, but it did not detect any output. I also disconnected the hard disk and put it back again. But nothing. Everything is working fine. Hard drive runs, all the lights are on. But the screen is blank.

Just try and connect it to an external display, to see if something is showing, preferably to HDMI

I had kinda same problem, where, after connecting to VGA port of Dell Laptop, the display of my laptop was gone for almost 2 weeks before it the problem was gone automatically(I still dont know what happened)

Top Bottom