Sony Vaio and Lappy advice please!

jaikanth

Right off the assembly line
Is it true that the Sony Vaio E Series laptops have horrible battery backup?

I have zeroed in on the E-Series because of their gorgeous,island keyboards and looks...

Also,please suggest other Lappys within 40k with good battery life,a nice keyboard and good durabilty(not fingerprint friendly).

My primary uses are AutoCAD,watching videos,surfing over Wifi,typing notes,music,movies,programming,and occasional gaming.:-D

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

hi buddy,

well i hv the SONY VAIO E Series lappy with the core i3-330m and ATI 5650 gpu. I hv the white color..

well the battery issue is NOT tat horribly wrong,so dont worry..infact there is always a slight amount of battery drain (Even wen the lappy is turned OFF,not in hibernation mode but completely turned OFF) the solution to tis is simple, i always remove my laptop's batttery (from the back side) and then keep it in its bag...

by doin this there is minimal amount of battery drain, like say if i charged the battery to a complete 100% and then removed the battery from the laptiop and then wished to use it after 2-3 days, i still hv 95% of battery charge remaining, :)

u can see my laptop's pics in the link provided in my siggy (The core ix thread), and its NOT a finger magnet, its smooth and really good in performance... :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

:D well not always, come on else it wud change the definition of portability... its only wen i hv got lots of office work to do (While travelling) then i use this funda.. :)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
sorry I do not want to be a prick here, but the amount of power lost while the system is "shut down" should not be so much as to affect anything at all IMO. I have been using Dell Inspiron for last 4 years, I never noticed such a thing. I mean get serious guys!

OP
J

jaikanth

Right off the assembly line
Guys,maybe I won't be taking a Vaio after all...I'll most probably go for Lenovo G Series. That too without a graphics card,as I already have a PC with one. And I guess having a graphics card in a laptop will only drain the battery faster...and I'm not a serious sorta gamer!

Well...I guess I can do my AutoCAD work and occasional movie editing without a dedicated GPU...

These are the specs of the Lenovo G560/460

Core i3-330M
4 GB DDR3 RAM
320 GB Hdd etc...

Price:Around 34k,without OS...

How's the specs? And the G-series is not a fingerprint magnet like the Inspirons,I hope so...?:oops:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
sorry I do not want to be a prick here, but the amount of power lost while the system is "shut down" should not be so much as to affect anything at all IMO. I have been using Dell Inspiron for last 4 years, I never noticed such a thing. I mean get serious guys!

^^ agreed to that, infact this battery drain problem seriously affected the previous versions (Series) of vaio lappy, but NOT the new ones.. :)

Guys,maybe I won't be taking a Vaio after all...I'll most probably go for Lenovo G Series. That too without a graphics card,as I already have a PC with one. And I guess having a graphics card in a laptop will only drain the battery faster...and I'm not a serious sorta gamer!

a dedicated gpu will NOT drain (consume) much battery its the internal timer sorta thingy or sum faulty mechanism tat leads to serious battery drain... so relax.. :)

neways, if u think u can do the work on lenovo then good choice, all the best.. :)

Top Bottom