Sony unveils new Xperia phones, Xperia T, V and J at IFA Berlin 2012

rider

as Kratos
*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2012/08/xperiasdfalsds.jpg
A couple of days before IFA kicks off officially, Sony unveiled its lineup for the expo. The company announced four new Xperia smartphones along with a new Xperia tablet. It should come as no surprise that Android Ice Cream Sandwich powers the whole lot.
The four new Sony Android smartphones are named Xperia T, Xperia V and Xperia J, and they all build on the Xperia arc design.

*st.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/12/08/sony-xperia-ifa/offic/gsmarena_001.jpg
The Xperia T is the global flagship model. It packs a 4.6" screen with 720p resolution and shatter-proof, scratch-resistant glass. The chipset is a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 with a dual-core Krait CPU at 1.5GHz, 1GB of RAM and Adreno 225 GPU.
The Xperia T has a 13MP camera with LED flash. The camera can shoot 1080p videos and there's a front-facing camera capable of 720p videos. The device measures 129.4 x 67.3 x 9.35 mm and weighs 139g. It comes with 16GB of built-in storage, which you can expand through the microSD card slot.
The phone will come in two different versions - an LTE-enabled version (102Mbps down, 51Mbps up) with quad-band 2G and quad-band 3G and an HSPA+ version (42.2Mbps down, 5.76Mbps up) with quad-band 2G and penta-band 3G. Both use a microSIM card and a 1,850mAh battery.
The Xperia T has a 13MP camera with LED flash. The camera can shoot 1080p videos and there's a front-facing camera capable of 720p videos. The device measures 129.4 x 67.3 x 9.35 mm and weighs 139g. It comes with 16GB of built-in storage, which you can expand through the microSD card slot.
The phone will come in two different versions - an LTE-enabled version (102Mbps down, 51Mbps up) with quad-band 2G and quad-band 3G and an HSPA+ version (42.2Mbps down, 5.76Mbps up) with quad-band 2G and penta-band 3G. Both use a microSIM card and a 1,850mAh battery.
The phone also comes with a cool new "One touch" feature, which uses NFC to sync the phone's music playback with supported speakers. James Bond himself will be using the Sony Xperia T in the upcoming Skyfall movie.
The Sony Xperia TX also joins the party - it's nearly identical to the Xperia T, but is headed to Asia (INDIA). According to its white paper it packs a Snapdragon S4 chipset, although the Sony product page says otherwise so we can't be perfectly sure. So either the TX will have dual-core Krait processorm and Adreno 225 or dual-core Scorpion CPU and an Adreno 220 GPU. Either way the RAM is 1GB. The Xperia TX measures 131 x 68.6 x 8.6 mm, weighs 127g and comes with HSPA+ support and a microSIM card slot. The battery capacity is slightly reduced compared to the Xperia T at 1,750mAh.

*st.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/12/08/sony-xperia-ifa/offic/gsmarena_004.jpg
The Sony Xperia V is LTE-enabled (100Mbps down, 50Mbps up), but also has quad-band 2G and quad-band 3G connectivity. It comes with IP57 certification, meaning that it's completely dust-protected and that it can last for up to 30 minutes under a meter of water.
It differs from its T and TX siblings in terms of screen size - the Xperia V has a 4.3" 720p screen - but it keeps the 13MP camera with 1080p video capture and Qualcomm S4 chipset with dual-core Krait CPU, clocked at 1.5GHz, Adreno 225 GPU and 1GB of RAM. The built-in storage is 8GB, but there's also a microSD card slot.
The Xperia V measures 129.0 x 65.0 x 10.7 mm and weighs 120g. The battery has 1,750mAh capacity. It will be available in White, Pink and Black but it's possible that its market availability will be limited (details are scarce right now).

*st.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/12/08/sony-xperia-ifa/offic/gsmarena_008.jpg
The Sony Xperia J offers a great screen for its price range - a 4" screen of FWVGA resolution and Gorilla glass. The phone itself is powered by a single-core 1GHz Scorpion processor with 512MB RAM and will launch with Android ICS, just like its more expensive siblings. It has 4GB of built-in storage plus what you put in the microSD card slot.
The camera is a 5MP unit with VGA video recording capabilities. For connectivity, there's quad-band 2G and dual-band 3G. The Xperia J is quite thin for an entry level device - 124.3 x 61 x 9.2 mm - though it's a bit hefty at 130g. The battery is tipped at 1,750mAh capacity.

Source: GSMarena

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Xperia T/TX have MSM8260-A S4 Krait CPU. Xperia V has MSM8960 S4 krait.

As per GSMarena Xperia TX has same old scorpion S3 on MSM8260 chipset unlike Xperia T's MSM8260 with powerful krait S4. Design wise it looks great, it's similar to of moto razr maxx from front. Xperia T and V will not officially available on Indian market for sure.
Again disappointment sony is still using poor old tech, still poor viewing angles and less deep blacks, old v3.1 with A2DP not 4.0 this time. This is not only my points I read many comments of blogs and youtube complaining about this. I personally expect this time from camera, that is only plus looking in the phone. It should be not gimmick as 12MP of Xperia S.
Xperia ion is of 37k of sony centre, so Xperia TX would be of 40k+ for sure. What prices you expect from all?

[YOUTUBE]Al2kB4TtKIc[/YOUTUBE]

Check 0:56 to 0:57 It's lagging in sony's UI.

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Dude that was a typo. Xperia TX has S4 krait MSM8260A with Adreno 225. See this video from 2:20, look at the Nenamark 2 score -58.5 fps. Do you think TX will beat Galaxy S3 score in Nenamark 2 with Qualcomm S3 CPU ?

IFA 2012: Sony Xperia TX (LT29i) - YouTube

India will get TX and even the V and T but after TX. Price of TX will be around 40k.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
I don't think it would be successful with 40k price tag as everyone is buying a quad core Galaxy S3. Phones seems leggy like all sony phones, I dunno about nenamark but it seems like it would be definitely worse than One S S4 krait benchmarks. People have craze of quad core phone in such a big price range, this phone will be only successful if the price would be around 32k. As per the sony Xperia TX is for Asian market included India and Xperia T is for europe, US etc

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
I'm sure you'll agree I have more info when it comes to Sony than you :D.
TX will launch first but we are getting both TX and T and also V.

As for the price, that's only MRP. The actual pricing is going to be same as GS3 or even lower. As for the lag, it's not final firmware. Those are all prototypes and even the GS3 and One X were laggy during prototype stage.

The benchmarks are actually higher than the Htc One S. Quadrant Score is 5400+. I'll post other benchmarks in a day or two.

Compared to GS3, well the TX/T has much better build quality, looks much better, has a higher quality HD screen, better camera, better UI, and a few other stuff. So yes even though the T doesn't decimate the S3/One X it's more or less equal.

Quad core vs Dual core debate not necessary as its proven already that krait dual core is more power efficient and still as good in performance compared to Quad Core CPUs.

Leaving the viewing angles aside, the screen on the Xperia S itself is superior to both One X and GS3 so no doubt the V and T will have even better screens :)

P.S. Check your PM

Galaxy S3/ HTC One X owners are warned that clicking on this link may not make you feel great. :p

For others, please click on the following link for Xperia T/TX/V benchmark scores (Spoiler- They are the NEW performance kings :cool: )

Also note these scores are not on final software, so retail units will have better scores.

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_tx_t_and_v_benchmarks_are_here_promising_too-news-4722.php

clmlbx

Technomancer
I want it to be s4 and sensibly priced else this time I will go for samsung s3

anyway their are two whitepaper on shows s3 and another s4

developers page whitepaper shows s4 and product page shows s3

well confirmed it is a s4 processor now I only problem might be it's camera.. shots that were take were very grainy but may be that was because of low light and still in progress software..hope so..

Does any one know what is the Launch date for TX..

*i45.tinypic.com/11brllu.jpg

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@randomuser111 I got it man, it is better in benchmarks, but still the point was only geeks will agree on this, a normal person will think quad core is better because of two more cores, why to spend that much on a dual core phone. The developers and customs ROMS are more available for galaxy phones.
Read comments of gsmarena link one user said:
I think gsmarena should update these bench results, my one x on stock rom scores in quadrant over 6050 anytime...

@clmlbx yeah man, the camera is said to be pathetic by many reviewers, sony is always knows for putting mega pixel count for marketing rather than natural colour accuracy and detail. Like they done in cyber-shot series launching tiny sensor cameras with 18MP.

Last edited:

samir_mankar

Right off the assembly line
well sony do lags in the hardware segment but Sony is best in the camera segment like the current Sony Xperia S.
sony-unveils-three-new-devices-xperia-t-xperia-v-xperia-j/

Top Bottom