Sony K790i Transfer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr_garg

Broken In
Hello Geeks,

I got new SE k790i phone... i connected it to my pc via USB cable n installed the drivers as per instuctions... but when i transfer a song it takes long time. for example transferring a song to its memory card of 10 mb it takes approx 2 mins, which is very painful... what shud i do to transfer it faster...

My pc config is as below
P4 1.6ghz
632 Mb Ram
845 Motherboard
Windows XP SP3

Thanks

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Use a memory card reader, and put the mem stick on it. arnd 100 bucks in the market. very fast data transfer rates.

aswin1

Journeyman
You can also buy a bluetooth dongle for the PC and use it for DATA transfer. Costs about
Rs350-400.

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
Once you connect your fone, the phone memory and the card memory show up as removeable drives under My Computer, just do as you would with a usb drive. Keep in mind to maintain the folder structure.

OP
S

sr_garg

Broken In
yes u r right... it shows as removable drives under my computer and i used it the same way u said.. but its very slow yaar.. i loaded a 10mb song under
Memory Stick->Music->Songs and it took around 2 mins of time...

Once you connect your fone, the phone memory and the card memory show up as removeable drives under My Computer, just do as you would with a usb drive. Keep in mind to maintain the folder structure.

hii frnd i know i can memory card reader is the best way to transfer data fast but i want to use USB cable...nahi to woh last option hai hii...
Use a memory card reader, and put the mem stick on it. arnd 100 bucks in the market. very fast data transfer rates.

i got bluetoothdongle and its transfer is slower than USB....
You can also buy a bluetooth dongle for the PC and use it for DATA transfer. Costs about
Rs350-400.

Last edited:

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
USB 1.1 or USB 2.0?

Try connecting cable to different USB ports.
Do you face similar problem when connecting pen-drive?

OP
S

sr_garg

Broken In
yes it has got USB 2.0 i tried using different usb ports available in my pc but no use.. i use sandisk cruzer 2gb pendrive but it is very fast...

USB 1.1 or USB 2.0?

Try connecting cable to different USB ports.
Do you face similar problem when connecting pen-drive?

RMN

In the zone
the transfer speed bet the phone and PC via Cable is USB 1.1!!!!
no matter what system you have it will take time.all SE phones transfer at that speed.
BT is faster and a Card reader is perfect(you get the complete speed of USB 2.0)

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
the transfer speed bet the phone and PC via Cable is USB 1.1!!!!
no matter what system you have it will take time.all SE phones transfer at that speed.
BT is faster and a Card reader is perfect(you get the complete speed of USB 2.0)

r u sure abt wht ur saying *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/21.png..using a USB 2.0 cable how can ne1 get speed of USB 1.1???

RMN

In the zone
ok sry....im not sure if it is USB 1.1 but its definitely slower than USB 2.0.ive been using SE's for quite a long time and when i transfer huge content i use a card reader!

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
which mode do u use phone mode or usb mode. try usb mode its faster. but the speeds are really slow its not a "problem"

RMN

In the zone
oh yes don't use the mode in which you have to use the file manager....its damn slower!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom