Sony Ericsson W810i Su**s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
Well if asked to compared sound of W810i to N72 and N70..i can definitely say W810i scores by leaps and bounds.... and yeah the Sound on LOUDSPEAKER..

I can say this..because i have all three phones in my family..!!

Only one problem which i can see of W810i is that its max volume is too less..but i havent upgraded to latest firmware and ppl say that it fixes the volume problem..!!

OP
D

daniel_joseph

The Techie!
Well, I'll answer all queries one by one:
Dipen01: The Nokia N70 [music edition] has similar (passive noise reduction) type earphone. So the music quality is similar to W810i. The N70 also has a loudspeaker twice as loud as SE W810i.
tppraveen: WALKMAN is a marketing hype. After the entry of CD, Sony developed its DISCMAN. This became very popular and was called WALKMAN as we could listen to music while walking and was portable.Sony made huge profits on this. However it was shunted with the entry of iPod. Sony is trying to revive its WALKMAN image but is not very sucessful.
Saurav: I agree drive letter's would change. So they could have enabled this 'playlist creation' on the Disc2Phone software itself and we could use it when we connect the phone in 'PHONE mode.' ;No this is not how a flash should work. It should only flash after auto-focus and just before the pic is taken. Here we have to on the photo light, then focus for 3 sec and pic is taken.
Hello SE HBH-DS970 model earphone does not support W810i. LOOK.
I encoded the video at 176X144 at 15 fps & 128 kbps bit rate.

I have a 512MB card that was bundled with it. I have made folders but what i said was that I have to add that specific track to the playlist. Searching this is tedious. I was planning to buy a 2gb, now i shall settle with 1 gb MS DUO PRO card.

What happened to Digit Patron programme. They said it will be back.

Last edited:

Dipen01

Youngling
^^^^

Loud aint always good....u say twice as loud as W810i...ill say its more than twice...but i have played SAME SONG at a same time in front of 10 ppl...just to prove which quality is better..!! and believe me even my bro.. who has N70..later agreed that sound cracks a lot (fat-ta hai )... and is totally unpleasant..!!

OP
D

daniel_joseph

The Techie!
Before you come to me with knives and forks 'THIS IS NOT MY REVIEW', I found it in amazon.com; But I pretty much agree to it.:cool::rolleyes::grin:. It's quite humourous tooooooo.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know why nobody has taken the time to report how this phone responds... as a PHONE!
I just bought it and I must say, I am NOT impressed! It is so quiet I can barely hear anything happen. Even with the ear buds in, it's only so-so (AS A PHONE). The radio and music work fine and I can hear them perfectly, the phone side... not so much. I don't know why there isn't a master volume for everything coming out of it (ringer excluded of course) but if I'm listening to music at 80-100db (to drown out noise) and a phone call comes in at 50db, do you really think it will be heard at all? And there is NO menu item nor description of volume control anywhere in the manual. (forget about talking on it outdoors)
I can only hear it ring under very silent conditions. Which reminds me, some idiot put the speaker on the back of the phone (a REALLY dumb-ass move) which requires a user to either lay the phone on it's face or put it in it's hands free cradle backwards in order to have any chance of hearing anything. It was probably the same jackass that decided to remove the camera lens cover! The lens is exactly where my finger-tip falls when I am trying to use the phone one-handed (does Sony really pay these designers?)
The menu system really doesn't make sense but I guess you get used to it's randomness eventually (heck, you could learn brain surgery if you practiced enough).
It's a nice looking unit, the digital camera is decent (compared to 5 year old digital cameras), the Walkman is clumsy but works, the radio works pretty well, the games... eh, as a phone... Oh! That's right, this is supposed to be a phone! The thing it does the worst is act like a phone! For the money, you could get a decent phone AND and an iPod (and probably a 5 year old digital camera) and get better products in both! (because who listens to the radio anymore? It's just commercials anyway.)

Be warned! I wish someone had told me before I blew $500!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It certainly isn't as bad as you are making it out to be. I had a W550i and I was quite satisfied with it.

And you are right, it does not have the A2DP profile. You'll learn which opinions to avoid as you become a regular on this forum. :)

OP
D

daniel_joseph

The Techie!
Hey guys. I downloaded one software called LCG jukebox for N70. It was a trial version. After the trial period they asked me the registration key. I simply typed in some digits at random and pressed o.k. Surprise! they accepted the registration key and now i have the full version. I don't remember what I typed even. This software supports album art,genre,many more EQ settings etc.
Isn't it funny

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
daniel_joseph said:
The Nokia N70 [music edition] has similar (passive noise reduction) type earphone.

the headset bundled wid n70me are normal ones not in ear type. my personal exp. says the hpm70 or any other earbuds bundled wid the walkman phones are better than any of the nokia headsets.

daniel_joseph said:
It should only flash after auto-focus and just before the pic is taken. Here we have to on the photo light, then focus for 3 sec and pic is taken.

very true. they shud implement this feature in their future phones. i agree wid u completely. its a major drawback.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Nokia headphones suck. They are the worst. They hurt and are very uncomfortable. And they keep popping out.

Worst of all, my phone (Nokia 6300) won't allow me to plug in standard 3.5mm headphones. :(
Is their any 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter available in the market? If yes, where can I get it in Kolkata?

I really love the fact that you can change tracks and radio channels on Nokia phones simply by pressing the small button on the handsfree though. Wish SE provided such a feature (at least my W550i didn't have it).

OP
D

daniel_joseph

The Techie!
Well the N70 and 6300 is not aimed at music enthusiasts. It is aimed at executives. The other bunch can go with N70 music edition. Where Nokia scores is:
1. It supports incredible number of formats such as aac, mp3, WMA, Real Audio, eAAC+ ;etc.
BUT is there any loseless compressed format of music I can use with SE?? No not a single one.
Although the Apple Loseless format comes with same extension (.m4a) SE does not support it..
2. From the n70 music edition handsfree we can play,pause, skip,answer calls etc. SE WALKMAN should have provided that.
It has larger screen, camera lens protection, can read powerpoint slides,pdf documents, word and Excel sheets etc. It is based on symbian platform, so incredible number of free apps. are available.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
I really love the fact that you can change tracks and radio channels on Nokia phones simply by pressing the small button on the handsfree though. Wish SE provided such a feature (at least my W550i didn't have it).
Push the volume up down button. Keep the + or - side pressed for 2 second & it will move to next song.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
I *members.lycos.nl/mathibus/pictures/albums/userpics/10001/sim-0004.gif My K750

w810 , humm... , i always disliked walkman phones . because of orange (w810 is black:rolleyes: ) it must be RED. but i like black k750 .

k750 touch and feel . makes me love *members.lycos.nl/mathibus/pictures/albums/userpics/10001/sim-0004.gif

:) :) and , u r so lucky that u r parents are intrested in phones .
my dad is thinking "फोन तो सिर्फ़ बात करने के लीये होता है ।"

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Push the volume up down button. Keep the + or - side pressed for 2 second & it will move to next song.
1. I know that, of course.

2. You have to press and hold it, as opposed to just pressing it once and being done with.

3. It does not work sometimes due to odd reasons. For example, when you've locked the keypad and the display hasn't been fully switched off.

4. When you are listening to the radio, instead of jumping to the next preset, it tunes into the next station. That is counter-intuitive and downright irritating. I saved stations so that I can easily and instantly switch between them and my SE phone offers me no easy way to do that. :mad:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
1. I know that, of course.

2. You have to press and hold it, as opposed to just pressing it once and being done with.

3. It does not work sometimes due to odd reasons. For example, when you've locked the keypad and the display hasn't been fully switched off.

4. When you are listening to the radio, instead of jumping to the next preset, it tunes into the next station. That is counter-intuitive and downright irritating. I saved stations so that I can easily and instantly switch between them and my SE phone offers me no easy way to do that. :mad:

I was talking about SE Phones, not Nokia.

yogi_7272

Broken In
i had k750i and n73me at the same time..

found out that music playback is better in se than nokia even with better earphones as creative ep 630 :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
aryayush said:
Nokia headphones suck. They are the worst. They hurt and are very uncomfortable. And they keep popping out..

completely agree

aryayush said:
Worst of all, my phone (Nokia 6300) won't allow me to plug in standard 3.5mm headphones. :(
Is their any 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter available in the market?

i think wid a bit of searching u can get it. something like this:
*www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-6300-Premium-Headphone-Earphone/dp/B000OMD5MY

aryayush said:

this headset is available wid w900/950i by default. u can separately purchase this headset. but even i personally feel that it shud've been there by default.

OP
D

daniel_joseph

The Techie!
If you are using the WALMAN program and then lock the keypad, the track skip/ volume and play/pause button works. But other keys are locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom