Sony Ericsson w810i or Nokia N70 Music Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

In the zone
I have my personal experience with SE W810i, the phone is awesome, much faster than nokia phones and sound quality is great(via headphones)

but...

1.) The ringtone volume is too low,
2.) The connector for charger and handsfree is same, thus making the connection loose most of the time.
3.) You cannot use handsfree while you are charging your phone.
4.) No folder creation support for storing different sms'es, (like shayari, humour), this function is provided my nokia's basic 6030 phone.
5.) last but not the least, THE PHONE'S BATTERY SUCKS,..... gives a backup of only 1 or 1.5 day max....

trust me, I've been using SE W810i for the last 2 months and it has started giving me problems, but will have to stick with it, till i get a job. :(,

I WOULD SUGGEST NOKIA 5700 OR N70ME. NOKIA PHONES HAVE GREAT BUILD QUALITY AND CUST SUPPORT TOO, THEIR BATTERIES GIVES AWESOME BACKUP AND HAVE BETTER USER INTERFACE.

choice is yours...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Gaurav said:
I WOULD SUGGEST NOKIA 5700 OR N70ME. NOKIA PHONES HAVE GREAT BUILD QUALITY AND CUST SUPPORT TOO, THEIR BATTERIES GIVES AWESOME BACKUP AND HAVE BETTER USER INTERFACE.

N70 ME also looks like a brick dude.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
gx_saurav said:
N70 ME also looks like a brick dude.
:rofl: Lolz :p N70 is damn slow phone or I should say Slow Poke ;).. Buy other if u are desperate in buying N series .. I would suggest P990 i if u could spend 14k without bill and 17k with bill.. Its a fabulous phone :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
N70 ME has one thing good (compoared to my K750i). Video recording at 352X288 at 512 kbps bitrate. You have to see the MMS quality to believe it...

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Gaurav said:

The battery is very good.... my brother has been using W810 for a year now without ne kind of battery problems that u r facing....

U need to get a firmware upgrade.. the initial firmwares were a bit buggy.... upgrade to R4EA031 CID49. I have upgraded my brothers phone myself...

The only point worth noting is that YES... the ringtone volume is a tad low... :(

The picture quality is great !!!! Autofocus works excellently. :)

and not to mention N70 SUKS BIG TIME !!!

Third Eye

gooby pls
the only problem i find with w810i is that the connector for charger and handsfree is same which makes it quite loose otherwise the phone is good and better than n70.

OP
S

slash_89

hey guys maybe i can increase by budget,
so would it be better to go for an N73 or N73 Music Edition,
and is the audio quality of the N73 ME as good as SE walkman phones.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
yeah man u better get w810i......i dont think u need symbian
u will get nice camera and also nice music.....what more..
i dont think those symbian applications u willl use them all time
basic application u willl get for w810i too

Gaurav

In the zone
rockthegod said:
The battery is very good.... my brother has been using W810 for a year now without ne kind of battery problems that u r facing....

U need to get a firmware upgrade.. the initial firmwares were a bit buggy.... upgrade to R4EA031 CID49. I have upgraded my brothers phone myself...

The only point worth noting is that YES... the ringtone volume is a tad low... :(

The picture quality is great !!!! Autofocus works excellently. :)

and not to mention N70 SUKS BIG TIME !!!

I have checked my cell phone's battery and firmware already(through SE Update Service), it's latest. the fact connectors for handsfree and charger get loose, can't be taken lightly when one use it most of the time while talking.. For me it is a major decision factor while purchasing a phone. greater customization is possible in NOKIA models, but at the cost of SPEED.
nokia 5700 is a good phone.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Gaurav said:
greater customization is possible in NOKIA models, but at the cost of SPEED.
nokia 5700 is a good phone.

yeah, thtz a fact for all phones with OS. And again its a fact that 5700 is a much better phone than sucker N70....!!! My PC boots up much faster than n70... can u believe it !!!! :eek:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
heyyy now dude i dont think u need that 5700 symbian unless u are going to use for phone for other extra stuff

now for music and good camera and other essential features like email and rss and mms and internet everything is there....so just go for w810i unless u are going to use hell lot of 3rd party apps.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
w610i is slim and its cam as all know is little less performer due to 3.8mm lens and whr as in w810 it being 4.8mm as all know

also it seems its drivers not as good as k550i.....and w810i has many speakers right ??

w610i is indeed cool its slim its new
also sony will now release new cam driver for it...that's what i heard
speaker loudness will be less than w810i i suppose

Third Eye

gooby pls
w610i has same camera matches k750i and k550i camera qualitywise and a better sound quality.it has wp2 as written in mobilereview.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom