Sony Ericsson Satio is Idou's final name, ships in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
It's been announced today that the Symbian-powered Idou unveiled at Mobile World Congress earlier this year will be coming to market as the "Satio." The full 640 x 350 3.5-inch touchscreen device features a whopping 12.1 megapixel camera, dual-band HSPA, microSD expansion (yes, microSD, not Memory Stick Micro), and a xenon flash. It'll be available in three colors -- black, silver, and bordeaux -- this October.

*www.engadget.com/2009/05/28/sony-ericsson-satio-is-idous-final-name-ships-in-october/

sujoyp

Grand Master
october...not bad...seems like i have to start saving for it today....but pricing should not be too much or its a flop...like samsung innova8

Tamoghno

Padawan
october...not bad...seems like i have to start saving for it today....but pricing should not be too much or its a flop...like samsung innova8

What makes you think price wont be like innov8 ? Its hell of a phone and se have every right to price it high , also they badly need money.

Btw , i like the direction se is heading , symbian + micro sd.

But the big FAIL is pop port . Otherwise its a great phone specwise.

sujoyp

Grand Master
whats the use if its too costly...they wont be successful in country like india...which is one of their biggest...

i want its full specs...they havent shown anything yet...

u r absolutely true...the POP port is the worst thing in SE mobiles...y dont they make it like microusb in htc or pin hole in nokia....

My T700's pop port got loosen in 2 months...now i am facing difficulty in charging,radio and headphones/handsfree...what a waste.

k4ce

Youngling
these fones arent meant for countries like india ... they are mainly for markets wid contracts ... such as USA ... even the innov can be found for 200$ on a 2year contract ... so these fones will find buyers ... but highly unlikely in india ... it'll cost 35k atleast ....

but yeah , the direction is good ... symbian (not UIQ) .... microSD ... nice .... :)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I really love the Aino. OMG, its one hell of a phone. PS3 users will be able to come back home, connect to the Ps3 using wifi, send the pics,vids there and watch it wirelessly on the TV. Brilliant.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Btw, its slated to be of exactly the same price as the Xperia. Maybe users like us can buy it after a few months. Xperia is almost 30k now.

sujoyp

Grand Master
45k would be a big flop...I want it at 35k that too at reducing price every 2 months..

I find LG arena and Samsung ultratouch much more VFM

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
45k+is way over the top. It will be 39k odd at launch and drop as the we move forward. The rupee is gaining on the dollar as we speak and thus may lead to lower prices.

The Satio is one powerhouse. Its not for normal people like us really.

The aino is the one that really turns me on. It has everything. In fact, if you have a potent enough connection you can actually access the ps3 from anywhere. Enter your house and snyc with the ps3 and watch the pics u have taken today wirelessly on your pc. With a tv tuner card on your ps3 you can even watch live tv on your aino through wifi.

Tamoghno

Padawan
45k would be a big flop...I want it at 35k that too at reducing price every 2 months..

I find LG arena and Samsung ultratouch much more VFM

You cant compare feature phones to one of the most powerful smartphone in the planet ! That too a LG ? Are you crazy ?

Satio have OMAP 3430 processor with graphics accelarator onboard. , a ridiculous megapixel count. Its pinnacle of technology right now.The only phone that can be compared with this is samsung i8910. Hardware wise it's probably costliest phone . So dont compare it with cheap phones or expect it to be cheap.

sujoyp

Grand Master
You cant compare feature phones to one of the most powerful smartphone in the planet ! That too a LG ? Are you crazy ?

Satio have OMAP 3430 processor with graphics accelarator onboard. , a ridiculous megapixel count. Its pinnacle of technology right now.The only phone that can be compared with this is samsung i8910. Hardware wise it's probably costliest phone . So dont compare it with cheap phones or expect it to be cheap.

ok soo whats soo great...will it sound like a music system(loudspeaker or 2.1)...nope
will it take pic like digi cams....nope
will it run games like psp...nope

It will again come down to....compromise

even LG arena has graphic accelerator...a dolby sound...720x480 recording...@25k
samsung 8mp touchscreen mobile r all 22k & 24k

look I am die hard fan of SE but that doesnt mean SE would price anything and I am gonna support it
Samsung omnia HD can play and record HD....what do u say abt it...it will be priced 40+

Tamoghno

Padawan
ok soo whats soo great...will it sound like a music system(loudspeaker or 2.1)...nope
will it take pic like digi cams....nope
will it run games like psp...nope

It will again come down to....compromise

even LG arena has graphic accelerator...a dolby sound...720x480 recording...@25k
samsung 8mp touchscreen mobile r all 22k & 24k

look I am die hard fan of SE but that doesnt mean SE would price anything and I am gonna support it
Samsung omnia HD can play and record HD....what do u say abt it...it will be priced 40+

Again smartphone vs dumbphone , you cant compare smartphones with featurephone. Apples vs oranges .period.

A smartphone offer lot more than just divx playback or good music. Software availability , proper email , multitasking,full internet , customisation these things matters to some people. And satio is for those. Se also announced another 3inch touchscreen featurephone(forgot the weired name) , perhaps thats what'll suit you.

Please stop comparing this with lg.they are the worst cellphone maker i've ever encountered.i swear to god if i ever find someone in top level of lg's cellphone division i'll shove chainsaw in his arse . I'll rather buy chinese sigmatel over lg.
Btw , lg arena shots 720*480 , great , but in what format ? 3gp ! How awesome !

sujoyp

Grand Master
he he he in some part u r correct:lol:

but still do u think it can be compared to samsung omnia HD...its a smartphone too.
Its released...and i am sure price will fall a bit by 6 months

k4ce

Youngling
@ tamoghno , u are refering to the lower end LGs wid their slow laggy interface ... my dad had a lg c2500 so i know .... but have u tried out their new touch interface ... easily one of the best i've seen .... and the s-class interface gets even better ...

so i really think the LG arena cant be discounted ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom