Sony Ericsson K850..Ultimate Mobile till date..

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
infra_red_dude said:
some corrections:
not walkman 3.0 but an upgraded version of K series media player.

SE is quoting WALKMAN 3.0 player on its website though it is clearly a stripped down version of the W series player.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
rockthegod said:
SE is quoting WALKMAN 3.0 player on its website though it is clearly a stripped down version of the W series player.
no mention of anything called walkman on se site:
*www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=us&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip3&zone=pp&pid=10868

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
What!! Yes.. seems like I was confused about the source .. sorry about that :)... neways.. searched again.. and now located it.. its mentioned here:

*www.mobile-review.com/articles/2007/se-newproduct-june-en.shtml

Walkman 3.0. Even though this is obviously an imaging-minded phone and the company doesn’t normally embed latest player version in non-Walkman products, the flagship is this rare exception – we will present you with lowdown on the new Walkman player version in the review of the device, and for now let us highlight new main menu layout, which appears to be styled after Sony PSP and among all other things, now you can quickly compose own playlists.

New functions include Rhythm&Lights, which stands for keypad-based light effects rhythm-keyed with tunes you are listening to – the Sony Ericsson T650i has this feature implemented in the same way. Unlike the K800i, the player here supports TrackID. Upon USB connection you can make use of MTP-protocol, in other words Windows Media Player 10 or 11.

Speaking of major drawbacks, that set this handset apart from Walkman-branded solutions, is the missing dedicated music button (which was embedded in the K800i) and sub-par plastic headphones in the box.

apacheman

Journeyman
ax3 said:
sony is THE DADDY ........... simply great phone .........

nokia phones r much hyped & in demand only in INDIA ...... bt in UK & US SONY phones rule ......

bt nokia phones r easy 2 navigate ............. even 4 a newbie ........

AAwww...nooo..who ever said that Nokia phones are easy to navigate? Sony phones are so dan practical n ez to use.. they r a kid's play! n yea...mindu u, there r a plethora of shortcuts in a Sony mobile.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Does this phone has Symbian OS? If it doesn't then its not the ULTIMATE !

Nokia's are equally good too for they have SymbianOS.

mayneu

Journeyman
he..he..he... boy go and check the new w960i yet to be released.... u will be stunned for sure. its better than k850i. because 3MP is more than enough on a 2" mobile screen to display the image as clear as crystal..... the more mega pixel it is, its better for the bigger printing.... no use for most of the mobile users....

and above all its a music phone with a whopping 8GB flash drive memory with touch screen and large screen than k850i.... i am sure it will give a run for k850i for the money its priced at...

i am saving for that phone to buy in october.... ..... i am waiting for this ultimate phone....

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
but i think k850 music player is not that much bad than w960...

have u compared w series with k series????

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C9mtPFfC4c

watch the accelometer in game.. cooolll

please do reply ...

Last edited:

mayneu

Journeyman
eventhen naveen i still believe that walkman series rules over camera series in terms of music.... which is what we all music lovers expect from a music phone.... but onething is everybody loves music, but not everyone wants to be a photographer.... more than that 3.2MP camera is enough i think for a mobile...
correct me if i am wrong anywhere.... this is what i believe....

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
mayneu ... i am not offending u but still quality is good in k series.. iam using k800 and running the latest firmware .. (initally the music wazs bad.. but they made changes and now its really good)

let me say mate.. my room mate have w810 and we used to compare whtever new phones comes to our hostel.. and most of the time SE wins..
but still i feel k series W is better coz in W series u have really good bass but the sound is not that much loud...(i have using t610,k700,k750,now k800) so i know how it all came and k750 had the both of k and w series...
ok may be its my way of hearing music... well SE ROCKS for all...
may be some may not need even 3.2 ///// but can u tell how many out there use all the function of the phones/.// still i know users who dont even know how to switch mega bass option in w810 and user searching for radio option...
its like that..

the more u know .. the more u get out of these phones///

thnk u anyway my friend mayneu

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
naveen_reloaded said:
.....so i know how it all came and k750 had the both of k and w series...
very correct! :) but guess SE realised this too and hence pulled it out and crippled it... then removed megabass from all future K series phones.... business tactics!! after all they gotta survive in the market...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom