Sony Ericsson G700 Review by 'krazzy d aw3s0m3'

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The player in G700 is not exactly the full blown Walkman 3 player. It does not have some features of the Walkman 3 player found in the Walkman phones. For example, it lacks visualizations, stereo widening and other such stuff. I guess SE had to keep some stuff exclusive to Walkman phones. ;)

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
cool. That onscreen keypad looks pretty big and certainly looks better than my Motorokr's keypad.

SE should've given in-ear headset with this phone. :(

all-in-all, awesome phone

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I am having a hard time deciding which phone to buy next. I like Nokia N82 but I hate it's keypad & I SMS a lot. On the other hand the SE G900 fits my needs & has a nice keypad but it lacks EDGE & I am skeptical about the repair factor of touch screen Phones. If the touchscreen malfunctions, is it hard to get it repaired.

What would you guys suggest? I have decided to buy my next phone by September end. By that time SE G900 will be here widespread in market & N82 will drop in price. I also don't know about the availability of 3G in India yet & what will it cost. Should I go for Nokia N82 or SE G900 considering I am buying it in September end. Keep in mind that the "best 5 Mega pixel camera" doesn't matter anymore for me anymore. It is required but if it is the only factor due to which N82 is better then G900 then I will buy G900 instead.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
I am having a hard time deciding which phone to buy next. I like Nokia N82 but I hate it's keypad & I SMS a lot. On the other hand the SE G900 fits my needs & has a nice keypad but it lacks EDGE & I am skeptical about the repair factor of touch screen Phones. If the touchscreen malfunctions, is it hard to get it repaired.

What would you guys suggest? I have decided to buy my next phone by September end. By that time SE G900 will be here widespread in market & N82 will drop in price. I also don't know about the availability of 3G in India yet & what will it cost. Should I go for Nokia N82 or SE G900 considering I am buying it in September end. Keep in mind that the "best 5 Mega pixel camera" doesn't matter anymore for me anymore. It is required but if it is the only factor due to which N82 is better then G900 then I will buy G900 instead.

there are others like it has got

edge + 3.5 mm jack + gps + 16 M colour + Gprs Class 32, 107 kbps + Motion sensor + TV out

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ok, edge is something I will need.

If I use the 3.5 mm jack of Nokia n82 with say an EP630 then I will loose the Mic. I won't be able to use it as hands free which I can do in case of G900. My current HPM 70 r my headphone & mic/ handsfree.

Well, is N82's GPS helpful in going from poing A to Point B in Delhi? Seriously, I will extensively use GPS if it is possible.

16M screen is good but I can trade it in favor of better keypad

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
What is the benefit of motion sensor? If I tilt the phone horizontally will that tilt the UI of phonebook, SMS Inbox horizontally too?

TV out is not needed.

I use Idea SIM in delhi but 3G isn't here. I m thinking of leaving EDGE. For unlimited net in phone & PC I will have to pay Rs 600 a month, so Y not jump to 3G instead directly. Help me here guys. I will start a thred for all my N82 & G900 quaries tomorrow.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
krazzy, can U sync G700 with WMP11? It will be easier to use the phone if it can sync & play WMA.

paraman

Journeyman
Nice review krazzy!

Couple of points though. 3gp video is not supported in the G700 and I got the HPM 64 earphones with my retail box. Also, AFAIK, manual equalizers settings are not possible on any UIQ phone. So its not a specific G700/G900 shortcoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom